Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Intro:
I decided to start a topic to document my Megasquirt project which, as the title suggests, is going to be a slow build. I’m hoping to share some things with others and learn some things from others, and mainly just thought it’d be fun to show it here.

A couple of warnings ahead of time- I can be long winded, so I'll try to keep it to the point and not boring. And, I'm working on this project in between all sorts of other things, so while I'll try to keep things fresh as I go along, I won't be posting on here every day or necessarily every step.

Background:
I've got a '71 Squareback almost 100% stock in every way- stock displacement rebuilt motor (finished that maybe 5 years ago now), stock D-Jet fuel injection, stock exhaust, stock suspension & wheels/tires, etc.

The D-Jet runs great and I've resolved a lot of the hack job issues I inherited when I bought the car in 2010 (built a new harness, tested all sensors & replaced bad ones, cleaned injectors, etc.). I like the D-Jet system for it’s simplicity, ease of maintenance, and the fact that it’s a 50yr old system that still works well. The engine performs well and my mileage is off from the Owner’s manual 26 combined mpg by only 2 mpgs, so I am pretty happy with the car at this point. But, I want to build a Megasquirt system for a few main reasons.

Reason #1: Good D-Jet parts are getting harder and more expensive to find, especially what I see as the Achilles Heel of the system, the Manifold Pressure Sensor (MPS). I know that there are ways to rebuild/replace the diaphragms and keep these units running but it just seems daunting to do correctly with the right tools and know-how, neither of which I have.

Reason #2: I think it’d be nice to have a more modern injection system that (hopefully) will net better overall efficiency and performance (not that this is a performance motor at the moment). I also like the idea of running a closed-loop system with exhaust gas feedback and the expandability and data collection possibilities of MS.

Reason #3: The last top reason is simply that it seems like it’d be a fun project. I’ve lurked around looking at other people’s builds and reading about aftermarket FI systems and just decided that MS would be a new challenge to do. I am pretty good with electrical systems and it seems like it’d be satisfying to build the system and get it running.

The Project:
When planning out this project, I realized I had several questions right off the bat to try and sort out before starting. Where to locate the ECU and O2 controller? How/where to run the wiring harness? What components to try and re-use vs. replace with new? Full fuel and ignition control or fuel only? Build the board or buy a built ECU? Buy a wiring harness or build from scratch? Etc... Here’s my plan so far:

- Build the ECU using the DIY Megasquirt 2, v3.0 kit
- Build a harness from scratch and use the main power and fuel pump relays/wiring used by the D-Jet system.
- ECU and O2 controllers will live under the back seat along with a new fuse block to run certain power supplies. All components will be mounted on a board, affixed to the forward bulkhead to keep them up off the floor and tidy.
- Run the harness alongside the wiring harness that already runs from the voltage regulator to the engine compartment, underneath the right side rear fender.
- To start, it’ll control fuel only, using my existing CDI ignition (MSD Street Fire) & Pertronix with stock distributor, coil, wires, & plugs.
- I plan to use my stock injectors & fuel system, Intake Air Sensor, and Head Temp Sensor (maybe).
- I’ll run a separate MAP sensor inside the engine compartment to take the manifold readings and use the ECU’s built-in MAP for barometric correction (hopefully).

New parts will be:
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Manifold Air Pressure Sensor (MAP)
- Maybe Coolant Temp Sensor (located in the air stream underneath the #3&4 head).
- O2/Lambda Sensor and controller (Innovate LC-2)
- MS2 ECU
- Wiring Harness made from 12GA SXL automotive wire for big power leads and 18GA GXL wire for sensors and other leads. I bought these in bulk, so I chose gauges that I’d be able to use for other things as well.

In an attempt to keep this whole post shorter, I didn’t go into all the details on why I made these decisions and what factors I was weighing. I’d be happy to elaborate on anything if anyone is interested.

Now for some photos!

The car!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mmmmm… Sensors

Oooooh, Electronics

Toooobing (shrink)

O2 2 be in damper?

Or not 2 be in damper?

Component mount board cardboard mockup 1

Mockup 2

That seems like way too much already, so I'll quit.

-Jeremy
mdege
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

This looks like an interesting build to me.

I used to really love my squareback with the D-Jetronic back in the 80ies when I got started on ACVWs.

Now I am back on a Typ3 and I am wondering if it would be possible to hide a MS fuel injection on a side draft single port. When I am done with the restoration of the car, I might look into that.

1965 21F: Restoration of a former '65 firetruck
1963 Typ3 Notchback project
1988 Multivan Magnum 112i
1984 Standard: My son wanted a bug for his first car
Intrinsic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

I have been running a MSv2 Extra release 3.2.4 for both spark and fuel control for several years on my '70 Fastback without any troubles. To keep the look stock I kept the OE air filter, plenum, runners, fuel ring and injectors. I put my O2 sensor in the damper as you are considering.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Did a similar effort on a 68 square but was self-hosting the pictures at the time. The build thread is not as useful with all the dead image links. Crying or Very sad

https://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=132864&start=15

I consider the injectors to be another weak link at this point in the OG system and eventually made my own mounting system for modern(ish) injectors.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php...max+welton

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Intrinsic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

I am using a modern disk type injector from Standard Parts, its part number FJ119. Here is a link.

https://www.standardbrand.com/en/ecatalog?part=FJ119%20-%20Fuel%20Injector%20-%20New&type=p

It operates at the stock pressure and takes the OE fitments.
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

OK, time for an update.

1st- Thanks for the responses and info. Michael, I, too like the D Jet (once I got it sorted). Going to MS will be interesting, fingers crossed it lives up to the reliability I’ve had with D-Jet.

Max, I will have to read through your build more carefully, looks like familiar territory. And interesting note on the injector issue. Did you set you ECU up with the “low-Z” injector modification? I ran into this during the ECU build and am now debating if I need to do that now or if I should just try it as-is and modify later if I have problems. As far as I can tell, the stock injectors are low-impedance (low-Z) but I might be wrong on that.

And Intrinsic, thanks for that link to the different injector that fits and has the same plug style. I’d been looking at Mercedes injectors (used on their dual D-Jet V8s) as a possible new injector, but it’s great to have options. I am not sure if the MB injectors would flow too much fuel anyway. I have also been thinking of sending a set of spare injectors out for rebuild to a company near me in Tracy, Fuel Injection Corp. https://fuelinjectioncorp.com/r-r-program/ Three Q's: How did you set up your ignition control? Do you seem to be getting good readings from the O2 in the damper? (I've had discussions about whether or not that's too far downstream for good readings) and Any reports on fuel economy, performance, etc.?

For the update: I’ve been making progress on my ECU build. A slow start at first since I haven’t soldered this much in probably 5-6 years. But, once I got my iron set up right and bought some better, smaller diameter solder, things went along pretty smoothly.

A couple build photos, just because I took them.
The board staring me down.

~halfway

Last night’s completion. I was getting cross-eyed trying to solder the closely spaced leads on the small transistors (little black "D" shaped bits).

I’m now at a point where the board is pretty far along but I have some challenges as far as optional modifications and what to do about ignition.

My original plan was to start out by running fuel only. This was partly because I wanted fewer variables to sort out and partly because I didn’t want to do all the work to mount a crank trigger wheel, lock out the distributor advance, etc. I’ve seen some people online saying it’s easier to just go all in at the beginning but I’m not sure how much I agree. Maybe I’m wrong already because I’m already stuck(ish) haha!

My issue now, is figuring out how to run fuel only with my current ignition, which is:
- Stock distributor and timing
- Pertronix Ignitor unit in place of points and condenser
- MSD Street Fire CDI box
- Stock coil, wires, and plugs

But, I haven’t yet figured out how I should set up the ECU to accept a tach signal from this system without setting it up to also control ignition. The MS2 manual on msextra.com covers setting it up to control ignition with a CDI box or setting it up to run fuel-only without a CDI box but I haven’t seen how to do my combo.

I know I just need to read and research more but that’s just where I’m at now. I also probably need to make an account on the MS forums and do more snooping there (some leads over there but nothing that actually explains how to get from where I am to where I want to be).

Anyhow, this is just an update and I need to clean the house, so I should quit. I was already having half-dreams about resistors and coil drivers and fuel injection nerd-speak this morning hahaha!
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

JJM86 wrote:
Max, I will have to read through your build more carefully, looks like familiar territory. And interesting note on the injector issue. Did you set you ECU up with the “low-Z” injector modification? I ran into this during the ECU build and am now debating if I need to do that now or if I should just try it as-is and modify later if I have problems. As far as I can tell, the stock injectors are low-impedance (low-Z) but I might be wrong on that.

I bought my MS assembled and wasn't even thinking about low-Z / hi-Z. I had read that MS would handle either and thought it was automatic. Maybe I just got lucky.

I am red/green color-blind so assembling my own was a non-starter.

Definitely get an msextra account. Some very smart and helpful people there.

Might be worth getting a stim if you haven't already. Mine emulates a stock points ignition which is how I ran mine starting out.

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

I made some progress over the last handful of weeks and hopefully sorted out some of the issues I was having previously.

ECU Build- It’s DONE! After reading and re-reading, and reading some more, and then thinking about it multiple times, I worked out the hang-ups I was having and completed the build. And to top it off, my bench test of the board didn’t release any magic smoke and I got the correct voltage readings where I was supposed to, so hopefully that means it’s all good.

One solution was I decided to just drop the dough and buy a crank trigger wheel sensor kit from The Dub Shop. I figure that I may likely go to full ignition control later on and their kit is very nice; well-made and has everything all in one (sensor, wheel & hardware, wiring connector, bracket).

I’m planning to use an external MAP sensor as my primary sensor, so I had to sort out some ECU set up to accept that signal vs. the board-mounted one that is usually used. I haven’t tested anything yet, so hopefully I made the correct modifications and can program the ECU to run the secondary MAP as I’d like.

Overall, the ECU build was not super difficult but you really need a lot of understanding of what you need for your build before you start. At least if you want to get it done in a timely fashion.

Completed unit, ready for the top case cover.

Hardware Work- I also sorted out an adapter plate for the Throttle Position Sensor, a mounting bracket for the MAP sensor, and a bracket for the Coolant Sensor. I decided to run a GM type coolant sensor and position it right under the #3-4 cylinder head to hopefully get a good reading on the coolant (air) coming off the head.

I'm not a great fabricator, so they are pretty basic but I think they'll work.

TPS adapter plate. I used ABS plastic because it was cheap, easy to get, and easy to work with.

MAP sensor bracket. I'll mount my existing hot start relay on the back side, so that's handy.

Coolant temp sensor bracket, I was able to take off from one of the cooling tin attachment points and that located it perfectly in the center of the two cylinders.

More Work
I’ve started work on the wiring harness, which I’m building from scratch so that I can make it how I want it. So far, I’ve figured out what wires I’m running and the routing of them and started cutting and crimping some of them. I underestimated how much wire I’d need when I ordered it some months back, so more wire is on the way. I’m hoping that I can get some time this weekend to look at drilling the holes for the harness. Hey, if I get my act together and work on it during the week, I may be able to run the harness!

I will also very likely need to pull the motor in order to install the crank trigger wheel, so that's a big project. I will do some other work like cleaning up and hopefully resolving some oil leaks, making some heat sheilding for my oil fileter hoses, checking end play for the hell of it, etc. etc. One step at a time though.

Well, all for now, I’m happy to go into more detail on anything if people are curious, just trying to keep these updates short-ish w/o all the explanations if no one is interested.

-Jeremy
roverjosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Looks awesome! Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.
Intrinsic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

I went with a low Z design so that I could use a peak and hold injector driver rather than PWM. I saw that many folks using PWN on small displacement engines had rough idling problems, so I went with a saturation wave form. A bonus was that the saturation wave form modified by a P&H driver matched the OE design so I did not encounter any injector cooling issues.

My O2 sensor is in the damper, I used a heated sensor since it was so far downstream. I get reliable and predictable readings operating in full feedback mode.

Just a few notes, be sure to note the max dwell time on your coils so that you don't overheat them. If you use another injector, be sure to note the 'dead time' of the injector. This is the time it takes for the injector components to overcome inertia and the pressure of any internal springs.
nogoodwithusernames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Have you considered using CHT for coolant temp instead of the actual air? I am running with IAT (intake air temp) in my stock VW FI plenum and CHT for my coolant temp. (hooked up at the same spot on the head as the D-Jet CHT.)

Looks like this will be a cool build. Very similar to what I did with my build, just mine was T4 in my Squareback instead of the stock motor. I modified my intake runners to use modern injectors so unfortunately I can't help with lo z vs hi z.

-Derek
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

usernames- the CHT will be coolant temp, the "coolant" being the hot air coming off of the engine. I plan to use the stock IAT for the ambient/intake air temps.

As a side note- I installed a coolant temp gauge I had lying around in the location that my collant sensor will go and have noted some readings- generally that the 'coolant' air hasn't read hotter than around 250F after freeway and traffic runs. That said, the air temp here is frequently below 70F and I don't drive long distances.

Intrinsic- Noted. Thanks for the tip on your experience with the injectors and the O2 sensor.

I wondered if the O2 would be too far downstream. I beleive the sensor in the Innovate LC-2 kit I am using is heated, so that's encouraging that you have had good luck with that combo.

For the injectors, I am going to try to start with the stock type, which are "low-z" as far as I know (the resistance at the terminals is low) and had figured on running them with the built-in PWM mode that emulates Peak & Hold. Good to know about your experience with that. I was debating doing the low-z modification on the board but deided to try it this way first. If I run into bad idle like you describe, that's handy to know how you resolved it. Did you use a separate controller/board for the peak and hold driver or did you modify the MS2 Main board?

And on the coil, I was planning to start with fuel only for the MS2 and then possibly moving to full ignition & fuel control once I get fuel-only handled.

And on the project- I'm in a holding pattern waiting for more wire but have mostly sorted the harness plan and done some final measuring. I'd like to look at how to tidy up the engine wiring in general, since I'll be doing all this new stuff. Always need some excuse to poke around the car.
Intrinsic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Are you using pintle or disk injectors? if pintle, are they new, NOS, or remans? Should they be old ones, be sure to check the short section of rubber fuel line, that line degrades and is easily renewed.

BTW, I was able to remove my primary (cast) fan with the engine still in the car. I installed the trigger wheel by tapping the balance holes on the fan's perimeter. reinstallation was a breeze.

What type of trigger wheel will you use, I used a 36 - 1.
nogoodwithusernames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

JJM86 wrote:
usernames- the CHT will be coolant temp, the "coolant" being the hot air coming off of the engine. I plan to use the stock IAT for the ambient/intake air temps.

As a side note- I installed a coolant temp gauge I had lying around in the location that my collant sensor will go and have noted some readings- generally that the 'coolant' air hasn't read hotter than around 250F after freeway and traffic runs. That said, the air temp here is frequently below 70F and I don't drive long distances.

Not sure I explained that clearly then. I use something like this that actually bolts to the head. http://thedubshop.com/modified-coolant-temp-sensor-type-4/

With our ACVWs the head temp matters more than the temperature of the air blowing past them. With a water-cooled motor the coolant reacts differently and is controlled differently.

Not saying the way you have it setup won't work, it likely will work just fine. But it may be a bit slower to react and maybe your hot starts won't be as smooth as they could be since the air under the engine will cool faster than the heads the ECU will think the engine has cooled down.

Something for you to think about, it may or may not be worth changing depending on what you're wanting to achieve.

-Derek
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Intrinsic- I'm planning to start with the stock pintile injectors. I have a spare set that I'm looking to send to a firm near here that will rebuild them.

That said, I have been wondering if the stock injectors can take the 12V supply of MS. I thought I'd read somewhere that the D-Jet system used a lower voltage.

Also good tip on removing the pulley in-car. It seemed like a huge pain with the limited clearance back there but I'll have to take a second walk-through. I was also thinking of doing some other stuff if I dropped the engine (oil leaks, check end play, muffler seals) but I am limited on space and can't leave the car laid up for very long with my housing situation.

Derek- My biff on not reading your post carefully, you did clearly say "CHT". In my mind I was thinking that it's still measuring "coolant" and that would function the same. But your note that the air "coolant" temp will drop more quickly than head temp (and a liquid coolant) makes sense that it may have an effect on warm startup. As far as I understand, the coolant sensor is primarily used for enrichment, so it might be pulsing more fuel when it doesn't need to. Think

I'd looked at those modified sensors from the Dub Shop, and even was thinking of how I could use the stock sensor and just add a ground wire to make it more like a 2-wire sensor. Something to take a second look at, since I'm still building up the harness and can make changes.

Thanks for the input everyone. It's always good to hear other's experiences and thoughts.

-Jeremy
nogoodwithusernames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Stock injectors should work just fine with 12V. The D-Jet system doesn't much like the voltage dropping below 12VDC. I think it's generally 12.5-13.5v?

They obviously won't be as "ideal" a spray pattern as modern injectors but considering how well a properly sorted D-Jet motor runs I wouldn't hesitate to run good original injectors.

Also shoot me a PM, I *think* I have a fan with a trigger wheel installed if you're interested. One of supersuk's old trigger wheels.

-Derek
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer on the trigger wheel, but I picked up this kit from the Dub Shop, which I meant to include some photos of in my last photo post.

https://thedubshop.com/crank-trigger-package-type-3-vw/

Pretty sweet.

And thanks for the word on the injectors. My D-Jet system has been running pretty nicely on a different set, so getting my spares rebuilt is exciting.

Project news: I've made some small progress on the harness. All wires are measured and several are completed- cut and terminals crimped on one end. I am still waiting for another spool of wire to be able to finish them up but plan to do some layout and start playing with how to bundle them in the meantime. It's tricky to build from scratch and my plan for routing the harness doesn't allow me to just lay them into their final position. But I've been generous on my measurements and made some drawings, so I think it'll go fine.

I still need to sort out the wiring for the TPS and MAP that I'm using, not sure yet which pins are for the 5v, ground, and signal on those.

Completed wires, waiting for bundling.

Weather-pack terminals and seals for the MAP sensor. I'm new to crimping weatherpacks, so one seal got a little buggered but it will still seat in the housing just fine.
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

It's been a while, but I've made some progress on the build after being busy at work and visiting with family.

Harness: I’ve made decent progress on the harness build with a few setbacks and some work still left. At this point, I have almost all of the wires sorted out and bundled into the loom and most of the end connectors crimped on.

Harness mostly done. Zip ties were a great way to bundle the wires temporarily before I taped them up.

Still left is to modify the length of a couple of wires in the engine bay, trim all wires to meet up with the DB37 connector, trim the injector power wires and crimp connectors for the fuse block, add a tach wire (for my new ISP West tach Smile ) and wrap everything up in shrink tubing, boots, and tape. There’s probably actually more but that’s what’s on my mind for now.

Harness routing: I decided early on to route the harness alongside the power/rear light harness under the driver’s rear fender. It seemed like a good compromise between being protected from elements, getting to where it needs to go, and not requiring a lot of extra hardware to hang/route it. I went ahead and removed the fender, drilled a couple of holes and laid in the harness how it will be before I wrap it all up. I’m glad I did this because I found that my shortest wires are just barely long enough to reach the ECU location. Shocked

White wires are the new harness, laid out to all their end points.

The harness is a little close to the voltage regulator but this location was the only reasonable spot I could use for routing it where I wanted.

Lesson learned- either do an exact measurement of all your wires, or add 6”+ to all of them to make up for errors in estimating.

Anyhow, once I get the harness all wrapped up, I’ll start soldering the DB37 (ugh) and then install it in the car and attach all the plugs in the engine bay.

Fuel System: I sent a spare fuel pump and set of injectors out to Fuel Injection Corporation in Tracy, CA to be rebuilt and got them back after about a week. So far, the quality looks excellent and I have faith that they did a top notch job. I installed the injectors this past weekend and the car does feel like it accelerates and decelerates more smoothly. Once I get some new soft hose, I'll install the pump and see how that goes.

mmm swaged hoses

I still need to sort installation of the O2 and crank sensors, so once the harness is done I can look more into that.

OK, that's too long already...
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

JJM86 wrote:

Fuel System: I sent a spare fuel pump and set of injectors out to Fuel Injection Corporation in Tracy, CA to be rebuilt and got them back after about a week. So far, the quality looks excellent and I have faith that they did a top notch job. I installed the injectors this past weekend and the car does feel like it accelerates and decelerates more smoothly. Once I get some new soft hose, I'll install the pump and see how that goes.

mmm swaged hoses

Those look great! May I ask how much for the service? I have been looking for a service like this and if you have had good luck I may try them. TIA

The build looks great! Keep up the good work!
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JJM86
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Megasquirt Slow Build- ’71 Squareback Reply with quote

Ceckert64: The whole bit cost me $480. Pump was $325, Injectors $35 each and then frieght.

I have not done a good calculation of my mpg after installing the injectors but they are working just fine and gave me ~1,200+ trouble free miles on a recent road trip to Southern CA.

This is the web address of the company I used: https://fuelinjectioncorp.com/

Project News: Progress has been slow because I've been super busy at work and went out of town for close to a week. I am ready to start wrapping the harness and soldering the DB37 connector, just need to make the time to set up and sit down to do it. Hopefully this week/weekend I can get to that and snap a few photos for a better update.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: