Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I just lost someone I Love to Cancer
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1LoWezl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Wow!! I to did not know this subject existed and found it by chance, just clicking on another members post. I like so many others have lost my Mother, Aunt, My second father and my grandmother over the last 7 yrs to this incredibly harsh disease. It has no ethnical boundaries, No political stance and not a care in the world of who or what it effects.
I have a tattoo in remembrance of my mother but could apply to all lost.My 1964 combi squats in a field of sunflowers and magic mushrooms with the initials NFA in bold print, a song by the Grateful Dead ...........

"Not Fade Away"

Love ya Mom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

1LoWezl, this is why I started this thread, you should have seen the look on my Mom's face when she read the "FUCK CANCER' on the 1st page Laughing She read the whole thing.
Pics of your low combi tat ??

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Biouno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

These are topics that perhaps no one would like to read, but that unfortunately are more real than the restorations of our vehicles themselves. On October 24, 2020, my mother passed away from breast cancer. She was a healthy woman, without any disease or pain. In the midst of this pandemic, she began to show pain in her back around April 2020, and in August she took her from the emergency room to the hospital, where they told us that she had metastatic lesions in the spine and liver. she was already too late for any treatment. In September we put her in the hospital for a month and they discovered that the cancer was already in her brain. she was at home since October 8 recovering a little from all the sedatives that were given to ease her pains. On October 24, she told me in the morning, "I'm going to die" and as if it had been an omen, she died that day at 8 o'clock at night in my arms.

I am very sorry for the loss of all the relatives of the members of this community. And as they already said, fucking cancer.

This year by chance of life, I was able to buy the car of our dreams, a vw 67 combi, which we are restoring. and in honor of her is called "Dollyta"

sorry for my bad English.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

I lost my dad to bladder cancer. On Christmas Eve this year, it'll be 19 years since we lost him. He battled it for 10+ years, getting radiation treatment, doctors telling him he's in remission, then it would come back - 4 times in that 10 year span. Each time getting radiation treatment until he decided no more. There isn't a single day I don't think about my dad. I regret not taking more interest in things he did around the house, and working on cars. I was a stupid kid. Now that I'm older and a homeowner, I'm more reliant on finding how to do videos online. I moved from California to Texas in 2003. Covid has kept me from being able to go visit my mom who at 87 has dementia (I had planned on going early in 2020).

I've lost a few people to Covid, too. Life is short, that's for sure.

Something to ponder on:
You can shed tears because they are gone, or you can smile because they lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that they will come back, or you can open your eyes and see all that they have left you.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see them, or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember only that they are gone, or you can cherish their memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind and feel empty, or you can do what they would want you to do.
Smile, Open your heart, Love....and go on.

-Elizabeth Ammons
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli

Last edited by sportin-wood on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

That ^^^ is beautiful.

It took me losing a number of friends and family members to realize the truth in the statements above. My brother's wife passed on a few weeks ago. She had a lifetime of medical challenges. I think of the good and the positive in her.
pdm777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I just lost someone I Love to Cancer Reply with quote

Once compromised by chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery,
your immune system will never be the same.

This is a poor time to be diagnosed with cancer.
This is a poor time for chemo to tear down your immune system.
This is a poor time to get care, hospitals are slammed.

Patients that get the best outcomes are Proactive, educated
about treatment options & their impact on quality of life.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: