Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

HELP! Top of the door, interior, how do I finish this?
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizrodelli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: HELP! Top of the door, interior, how do I finish this? Reply with quote

I'm at my wit's end trying to find the right piece to finish the top of the door, interior side (if it exists). I've found VWC-141-837-471 TOP OF DOOR RUBBER SCRAPER WITH CHROME MOLDING ASSEMBLY but I think that's for the exterior side of the door. I found this heritagepartscentre.com/us/141837479-inner-window-scraper-left-or-right.html and this piece is in the door, but it seems like there should be a "finishing" piece for the top of the door against the window. I've tried looking at photos online but so far haven't been able to conclude what it's supposed to look like. Also, are those holes supposed to be there? There was lots of "extra work" done by the previous owner so I'm never certain what's supposed to be there and not supposed to be there. If there's nothing that finishes the interior window side, I'll have the body shop fill those holes.

Thanks for any advice.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Top of the door, interior, how do I finish this? Reply with quote

What year is your Ghia? Personally, I've never seen holes like that on the inside top of the door. Normally they are on the outside where the window scraper trim holds the rubber scraper in place.
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lizrodelli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Top of the door, interior, how do I finish this? Reply with quote

rbsurfguy wrote:
What year is your Ghia? Personally, I've never seen holes like that on the inside top of the door. Normally they are on the outside where the window scraper trim holds the rubber scraper in place.
Jeff

It's a 74 convertible.
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Top of the door, interior, how do I finish this? Reply with quote

Lizrodelli wrote:
Thanks for any advice.

'74 Ghia? look here: https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/141867102lr-door-top-covers-black-pair.html
Lizrodelli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Top of the door, interior, how do I finish this? Reply with quote

crocteau wrote:

'74 Ghia? look here: https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/141867102lr-door-top-covers-black-pair.html

Thanks!
Redlabel6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! Top of the door, interior, how do I finish this? Reply with quote

I covered mine with lining leather from Tandy Leather..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: