Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chinese Diesel Heater Questions
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

it's worse when you get some on your hands.. which one invariably will do..
then your nose will itch and you'll rub your eye.. very much to your own dismay..

and women can smell diesel odor half a mile away.. so will definitely overpower the romantic powers of patchouli and Barry white

solid reasons to #1 wear gloves when handling diesel/Kero fuels.
and #2 take care of refueling business OUTSIDE and when the She is away..

I'm not fond of diesel.. but the economy of the heater is worth the risks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scubasteve321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

you guys crack me up sometimes

put the fuel tank in the opposite area where your battery goes in the engine compartment

simple to fuel up, no stress about spills

simple as
cmonSTART
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

danfromsyr wrote:

and women can smell diesel odor half a mile away.. so will definitely overpower the romantic powers of patchouli and Barry white

Ya, my wife would get out and walk home if I smelled like diesel.....
dr8track
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

While I'd love to mount the tank outside, I have a Westfalia. In the engine compartment opposite my battery is another battery. The battery takes up all the room on the far driver side. You might be able to slip a thin tank between the battery and the engine tin... maybe. I do agree with what you're saying about the potential stink factor and wifes. My wife has a nose like a blood hound.
I have seen several videos where they have mounted them inside. Not saying it's a great idea, but I think I'm still going to try there first, see how it goes and if the smell becomes an issue I'll look for a small tank for the engine compartment.
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

I have been using only this in my heater for 2 years now. Works great, doesn't smell like diesel fuel, and it is better for the heater if it will not be running all night. The diesel supposedly starts to soot up if it doesn't run for long periods. It is a little more expensive, but it is very easy. Most Home Depot, Ace, type places carry it.

I have a heater in my single cab, and I use it around town, so it is on/off frequently.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I also use a smaller cube shaped universal coolant overflow bottle for my tank. It is still plenty big to run all night, and could be mounted in the engine compartment even with two batteries and dual carbs.

Brian
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=727273

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=714257

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=703569

I actually have cut down my samba time brother. After being a member as long as we have, its al the same, al the same, all the same,,,,,,,........ Rolling Eyes Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
captincanuck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

dr8track wrote:
While I'd love to mount the tank outside, I have a Westfalia. In the engine compartment opposite my battery is another battery. The battery takes up all the room on the far driver side. You might be able to slip a thin tank between the battery and the engine tin... maybe. I do agree with what you're saying about the potential stink factor and wifes. My wife has a nose like a blood hound.
I have seen several videos where they have mounted them inside. Not saying it's a great idea, but I think I'm still going to try there first, see how it goes and if the smell becomes an issue I'll look for a small tank for the engine compartment.

I turned an old vanagon propane tank into a diesel tank for my heater. Works great.
scubasteve321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

Why not relocate your aux battery to underneath your drivers seat then?

Don't forget to run larger wire if necessary due to extra distance electricity must travel

Then you have room for your fuel tank again

Problem solved.
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Chinese Diesel Heater Questions Reply with quote

has anyone tied this into the buses heater tubes underneath? id love to actually be able to defrost!
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: