Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Yanked Out the engine.

{Before Pics}
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Finally killed off the code for temp sensor performance by replacing it

About $8 from FCP, a half hour to put in. I don’t like the play I;the tie rods so might do all four as PM
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Tidying up wiring, getting ready to remount the engine Ive completely rebuilt in my garage.

Whridlsoncestood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Successful couple of days. Finally got some wether to get to e van up in the air for a while. Transmission flush. Oil change. New coolant temp sensor. Two new radiator fan resistors and got my ac working but that gives me another job of replacing the auxiliary water pump! It got toasty apparently. That’ll get swapped in round two of maintenance with new pads and rotors at all 4 corners and a brake fluid flush.

Whridlsoncestood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Finally got the awning on

streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Nice, can you show/tell us how you connected to roof? Thanks.
Whridlsoncestood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

streamr wrote:
Nice, can you show/tell us how you connected to roof? Thanks.

Mounted it to the square Thule bars that were on the van when I bought it using the gowesty brackets. I want to find a basket to go on the bars next.

streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Thanks. I have the Yakima round bars but probably could make that work. Also, I use the Yakima LoadWarrior (I think that's what they call it). It may not fit since your bars are spaced farther apart than mine. They have a "Mega" version that is longer. Their mounting system works with square bars, too.
Whridlsoncestood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

streamr wrote:
Thanks. I have the Yakima round bars but probably could make that work. Also, I use the Yakima LoadWarrior (I think that's what they call it). It may not fit since your bars are spaced farther apart than mine. They have a "Mega" version that is longer. Their mounting system works with square bars, too.

Kit works even better for round bars! It comes with U bolts so you don’t have to drill the bar.

I have to keep the rack bars far apart since ARB says not to have more than 28” past the mounting points. A few of the longer baskets are built with extension pieces and still require the closer bar spacing which is kinda silly.

jean-claude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Westfabulous wrote:
EVCSNOW wrote:
Westfabulous wrote:
I removed my totally non functional Westfalia camper water tank level sensor; cut it open; fully rebuilt it, including the electronics; water tested it; re-installed it; and enjoyed seeing the functional water tank icon on the overhead display again. This had never worked since I’ve owned the van, but it’s all good now.

What did you have to do to rebuild the tank level sensor?

It was pretty much a full rebuild: new resistors, new reed switches, new lead wires, new mounting hardware (the original mounting hardware disintegrated). Reinstalled the repaired electronics and then repaired the existing tube after cutting it open. Water tested for 24 hours. Bench tested. Tested in vehicle. Installed in vehicle. Voila!

Would you be interested in doing another one? If so what would you charge? If not I totally understand. Ive been trying to order one (even though the price hurts my feelings) but no-one has any in stock. I have ordered 2 just to have the company come back and tell me they actually don't have any to ship and then they refund my money. I wish one from a t3 would work because they are half the price and US stock is available .
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Literally dug out the flooring with a shovel on this one.

Threw down some fiberglass, killed the rust with some paint,

ran treated subfloor, vapor barrier/ comfort cushion and 100% waterproof flooring.

funky wood

drab to fab ~~
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

I ordered a new camshaft pulley. Laughing
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Preventative maintenance. Changed out my original factory plastic tees for metal tees. Should last a while. There was a crack in one of the originals. It would be only a matter of time before they snap.

Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

The metal T looks well made. Who is the supplier for those?
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Found on eBay with listing:

3/4" Aluminum Tee 3Way Heater Water Hose Fitting Metal Connector VW Audi Bora XY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Aluminum-Tee-3Way-Hea...632-2357-0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ELO78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

These plastic coolant tees are common failure items at this point, right? Seems like cheap insurance / peace of mind to replace them all.

If one were to replace them all in one swoop, how many are there and where are they located throughout the cooling system?
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Two tees for mine. As far as regulars couplers. Everything else is either attached to the engine or has some sort sensor or solenoid integrated.
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

ELO78 wrote:
These plastic coolant tees are common failure items at this point, right? Seems like cheap insurance / peace of mind to replace them all.

If one were to replace them all in one swoop, how many are there and where are they located throughout the cooling system?

Over on the vortex, KBATTPO has a great write up for 24V VR6 cooling systems. The PDF he links to has a list of the various fittings.
Mary Scaia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

I'm picking up my 'new to me' 1992 Westfalia Eurovan CV today Laughing Very Happy

leadvillian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do to your Eurovan or T4 today? Reply with quote

Built these shelves inside the cabinets to improve the EVC storage situation....
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: