Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

San Diego: Need Helper or Shop - Bay Bus Window Rubber Seals
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
b1tchass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: San Diego: Need Helper or Shop - Bay Bus Window Rubber Seals Reply with quote

Fellow Volkswagen folk VW Logo :

I need to replace the 2X side-mid and 2X side-rear window rubbers on my '71 Adventurewagen Bus and I've hit a snag. I tried to replace one with the wife (3-4 times) but it we couldn't get it to seat all the way - now I'm stuck without a window in the back! #Bad Talk

Does anyone in San Diego have experience with this and want to help me out? I'll pay! Takers? Laughing Cool

Alternatively, does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that can replace the window rubbers for me? I'd obviously also expect them to address any (minor) surface rust that is found in the window sills. Anxious

Need to replace seals at all 4 rear windows. i already have the seals (from WCM). Hoping to get it done in next 2-3 weeks, before my next road trip!
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: San Diego: Need Helper or Shop - Bay Bus Window Rubber Seals Reply with quote

Mark (rubba chicken here) has a mobile VW repair business near you.
Window seals are fiddly work, but wouldn't hurt to ask him.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: San Diego: Need Helper or Shop - Bay Bus Window Rubber Seals Reply with quote

You could check with Robbie (airschooled) but he may will already be on his tour.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
b1tchass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: San Diego: Need Helper or Shop - Bay Bus Window Rubber Seals Reply with quote

Thank you both. I wrote both Mark and Robbie.

Hopefully somebody is willing to help. Or else I'll be driving to Montana without a window!
b1tchass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: San Diego: Need Helper or Shop - Bay Bus Window Rubber Seals Reply with quote

Well, neither Dave nor Robbie are available. Any other takers? Shop recommendations? (the body shop that painted my bus ~10 years ago has now closed RIP)
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: San Diego: Need Helper or Shop - Bay Bus Window Rubber Seals Reply with quote

Any local auto glass shop could do your windows. That is their business. Nothing particularly special about VW windows.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: