Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

High blood sugar diet recipes
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

Wife recently diagnosed with HBS , looking for some recipes that still taste good without sugar/ white flour/ rice etc.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Wife recently diagnosed with HBS , looking for some recipes that still taste good without sugar/ white flour/ rice etc.

No recipe. But the link below is to a guide for foods regulating blood sugars.

Maybe use the suggested foods as a guide to find heart healthy and lowering blood sugar recipes.

https://food.allwomenstalk.com/awesome-foods-that-regulate-your-blood-sugar/

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

cut out sugar and other thing with high carbs( execpt for engines that have tall intakes) I found a real good brand of BBQ sause and other sauses that are sugar free. taste great too " G Hughhes sugar free BBQ sausse...wally works has them. they are low callorie too,but they do have some stuff thats sugar free that isant low cal....so be sure to look. it sees to be sold out a lot, they have about 5 different BBq flavors alongt with a fricking awesome spicey chillie dipping sause thats no sugar and low cal...oh so good.. I buy them 3 at a time along with the spicey BBq. I was diabetic for most my life.I havent been for about 5 years now and dont plan of going back. it's all in your diet and routine.I totaly changed mine...well...I do have a smal treet every now and then... very small and always with protein food. it's up to you. nobody can do it for you, but they can make it harder .....thast on you. HOOD dairy had a exelent very low fat/cal/low lacktoast chockolatte milk that was the price of white milk..it was oh so good...they stoped making it 2 years ago, they said not enough sold..they did not addvertize it right...or at all. there is a FB page trying to get them to bring it back...or trying to get coke to take it over with thier fiarview barnd of dairy products...sofar no luck. I cant dring the fake nut milk shit.it's like lightly flavored wattered down...watter with a funkey taste. IMHO they should not be able to sell this nut milk shit nuts dont have nipples.....well some do.but those crazy bitches dont clount. wine coolers had to go away as they were not wine..so this nut milk shit needs to go also. pork is also a issue with high levels... find a diet drink or 2 that you like. then look for the off brand to save 30~50%!!! and start exersizing.... Shocked even just a few 2 mile walks weekeley or just 1 works wonders. start off small of you needs to. hikes are great.fresh fruit&carrots great for trail snacks.stay away from the packages trail mixx shit. turkey saussage is also great.as is chicken saussage.and much less fat so you dont feel like shit after eating from the faty oily shit floating around in you...
olspeed
Samba Member

Location: In the shadow of Denali, I still don't give a damn how they do it outside

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

No recipes either but when I was diagnosed (26 years age) the doc told me to stay away from PCP Twisted Evil (pasta,corn,potatos) and to eat more green beans. I still get spikes around the holidays but exercise and learning to use my elbow muscles (to push away from the table) has helped immensely
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

I am what they call pre-diabetic. I was a carb-a-holic till I turned 45, 7 years ago. My doc said to cut out all the good stuff, regular pasta, pizza, beer...etc. What she told me I could eat was anything 100% whole wheat, not whole grain, but whole wheat. I buy 100% WW bagels, pasta and I buy whole wheat flouyr and make my own pizza. Something about how our bodies process the whole wheat makes it ok to eat. I still cheat here and there, beer maybe once a week and regular pasta or pizza maybe once a month. Just read labels, watch the carb and sugar count. Fruit is also a no-no. Even though its natural sugar, its still sugar. You wouldn't believe how much sugar whole milk has. I've been buying unsweetened regular almond milk and I can't taste a difference. Those flavored seltzer's are good as well. They don't have any carbs or sugar and they taste great. Get her some kind bars as a snack. They are pretty low in sugar as well as carbs. If you're looking for recipes, google weight watcher recipes, they are usually low carb.
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

my endocronoligest..( or something like that).says...there is no pre... you are or you are not. in todays BS I dont want to say anything to up set anybody....you may be pree....pree looking for another dr.. Wink
I walk down the cookie isle every week and remember what every one taste like.candy isle too.then I just say see you next week!!! I can remember exzactly what they taste like....how ever I do not want to remember what my feet looked like befor loosing them...so Ill keep my feet and remember the tase of that other stuff that isant good for any thing execpt for candy companys CEO's beach houses& super cars..
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

Make an appointment to see a CDE dietitian (certified diabetic educator). The diabetic diet is more than just "stay away from potatoes, pasta, etc."

That is, if you want to keep your toes, eye sight, kidneys, etc.

Physicians are good at diagnosing but not so good at educating.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

Workin on it, quinoa instead of rice or potatoes, oatmeal and berries for breakfast, lots of brassicas and alliums, ( time to pick some ramps and fiddle heads ), baby steps.
Oh and grass fed beef for protein .
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

bigdog1962 wrote:
Make an appointment to see a CDE dietitian (certified diabetic educator). The diabetic diet is more than just "stay away from potatoes, pasta, etc."

That is, if you want to keep your toes, eye sight, kidneys, etc.

Physicians are good at diagnosing but not so good at educating.
the 2 I saw were total morons that didnt know squat.gave false info too...one said I was a beast...ops that obeast.220 very little fat big arms, big leggs.muscle from running the machine shop and carrying around cast iron v8 engine blocks & heads by my self daily. ( thus another reason why my back is afu) she only saw me with all my clothes on. she weighed about 95 pounds at the most, and about 6' tall.... I told her to take off all her clothes and I would take off all mine and we would crateak each other body....she refuzed, I then told her she needed to see a physycatatrick dr for her body issues. the next one was a diabetic exspurt as her dad was diabetic....and thats all the training she had...she was also into the DR's sample drugs and on some kind of shit. when I informed her boss(dr,as she as a apnrp thingsy. he said oh no she isant on drugs.we discused her a bit more, he left the room to go just have a look at her and cam back...she nolonger worked for him....it's amazing how somebody could work for you in that capicity and you not really see them....she was dealing out the happy pills like m&m's. it took months for my wife to get off of them...she tried to get me on them before I let her parrent dr know hat was going on. beware and look and listed to who ever you see. IMHO 90% those "diatittions" are poop. yes you will have life style changes. dont be skeered of them, they are eazy to do. if you like tatters...sweet tatters are much better than the white ones for you in you condition, but also moderation. If I could I would have tatters and gravy daily...but I dont. I grill sweet tatters and sweet tatter fries, and have white mashed or grilled 1 or 2 times a month. I never ate green stuff...well not really any vedgies till I was in my 30's thats when I figured out all those effing morons were runing them. I now grow most of my own eat raw and cooked since I know how to cook them properly. there are many spices that are low salt that help with the stuff you miss...as in substitut chicken fer stake by cooking& seasoning it like a steak.I eat very little red meat. and if you like ribs trim the fat ( on everything,not just ribs) you can render most of the fat out of it too witch helps a lot. if you like soup you can boil the meat some to remove the fat then referedgrate in the liquid and get the fat off the top. then make the soup.I make a lot of soup.if I cook a chicken or other meat the left overs get into soup/stew.with lots of vedgie & spices. you may find you feel better and like what your eating much better as well as live longer and loose weight if you do it right witch makes you feel better. stress from the virus shit has put a lot of extra weight on oh somany people...it's time to trimm down.get active. if your a drinker...theres a lot of sugar in that...lots. there is lots of sugar free stuff out there ,I dont buy anything without looking at the percentages of fats,suggars,colestirall protines etc. it can be done fairly eazy, but only you and or your enabler can do it.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

Beer is vegan. I fix it up all the time.

Just don't eat much should do it. Your body need carbs too and proteins. Diabetes is manageable.

You cannot cut out carbs completely. MOderation is key.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

yup.as is abstaining from eating everything in sight.witch is had to do sometimes. I made a italian sheppard's pie this week to take to moms for dinner.....I almost ate the entire thing. oh so good. it's ok as long as you dont make it a habbit...and cut back the rest of the week more than usualy.cutten the grass also helps.witch I need to do.but dam it's so fricken hot.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

Unless you are walking the mower, it does not help if you ride it. Laughing

I see fat people all the time, load up at the fast food and get a Diet Coke. Laughing
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Unless you are walking the mower, it does not help if you ride it. Laughing

I see fat people all the time, load up at the fast food and get a Diet Coke. Laughing

I've seen that, too.."3 Big Macs, 2 1/4 pounders w/cheese, a large fries (super size) and oh, a diet coke"...WTF???
The first time a doctor checked my blood sugar, it was over 400...Now, first poke in the morning, is very very rarely over 110.. Be careful, be selective, be active..
Idea

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: High blood sugar diet recipes Reply with quote

in wallmart in the electrick shopping cart .I chew thier ass like hell when they ask me to get those cookies off the top shelf or soda, or icecream..... you lazy fat bitch/basturd, get the fuck out of that dam cart and give it to somebody that needs it!!!! yup thats me. so far....nobody has gotten out and got a regular push cart...well not when Im around. ( note, yes some people do need them...but ...usualy not the fat lazy junk food junkie's of almost all races .)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: