Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco Reply with quote

Can anyone help me i am trying to transport a bug from San fransico to Toronto Canada. how much should i be paying?
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170895

Check out this ^^^^^^^ thread 1st.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco Reply with quote

I can't help you with details but I did think of some things to consider:

First, it will be expensive to bring it across the border.
Are you looking for someone to handle everything - import fees and all?
You know you have to pay import fees based on the value of the car, right?
From reports from others, this typically happens at the border and they decide the value, you cannot tell them what you paid.

Also: Is the border even open for cars to come though?

I am 100% sure it would be a TON cheaper for you to get it shipped to somewhere in NY and then bring it across yourself, if possible.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco Reply with quote

Transport would be cost prohibitive.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco Reply with quote

About $1000 to get it to NY reliably, over the border is your baby, with both feds andProvince of Ontario
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco Reply with quote

TrulyVintage wrote:
Transport would be cost prohibitive.

Maybe. But maybe not. If you’re comparing the cost of shipping to the cost of doing the amount of rust repair that’s required on damn near every Ontario car, finding and shipping a rust-free vehicle could end up being thousands of dollars cheaper.

A couple recent shipping pricing examples I have:
I sent a Bay Bus by train from Calgary to Toronto and the cost was about $1500.
I also sold a teardrop trailer to the USA, and since neither party can get across the border, we had to use a shipping agent to take it across. It was basically dropped by me fairly close to the border, and the buyer picked it up right on the other side. That cost them somewhere around $1000 to deal with the brokerage and minimal transportation.

I know these aren’t perfect examples of what you’re looking to do, but maybe it will give you a rough idea of border brokering and transport from west to east.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject: transporting a 62 beetle to toronto ontario from San fransisco Reply with quote

I do transport every day.
I have been doing hauling since 2006.
I’ve been on the Samba since 2008.
That trip would be cost prohibitive for that vehicle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: