Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2635, 2636, 2637 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I think the cross-tube on this air cleaner is shortened?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2469854
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Something very fishy about this "1962" deluxe.
Looks more like an early 1961.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-/324601950266?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
Edit. Vin # seams to match an early 1961.

Last edited by EmpiGT on Tue May 04, 2021 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-/324601950266?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

704535 - Dec of 1960
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I just saw that so the birth certificate is off by an entire year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is this anywhere near the realm of normal? Camper front flip seat, $3,850 bones?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2285094

The divider panel on my '67 bus was hacked so years ago as a consolation price I picked a set of camper flip seats like this for my bus, which I'm about to start working on.
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

don1357 wrote:
Is this anywhere near the realm of normal? Camper front flip seat, $3,850 bones?

The divider panel on my '67 bus was hacked so years ago as a consolation price I picked a set of camper flip seats like this for my bus, which I'm about to start working on.

What can you compare it to? It’s a niche market/listing. I think flip bench seats are killer and super convenient. Don’t know what the hell they’re worth but as he mentioned they don’t come up often so how do you even cater to that market or determine what’s a fair price.
OvalinAz
Samba Mini Tech

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2470374

you cant save everything, damn.
12/62 French 11 Window Bus

EverettB wrote:
chromies should be outlawed and thrown in the trash

Pandraggers C.C.
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

OvalinAz wrote:

I could see that being useful for someone that has had the sub-structure of an otherwise good door hacked away to fit speakers. Small market, but could be helpful to somebody.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:
OvalinAz wrote:

I could see that being useful for someone that has had the sub-structure of an otherwise good door hacked away to fit speakers. Small market, but could be helpful to somebody.

I was thinking that too - the inside framing is useful to someone.

Nothing against the seller but seems like the kind of thing I would put up for free just to help someone out. Or "free, pay shipping"
If it didn't sell quick, trash it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Patiently Impatient wrote:
don1357 wrote:

What can you compare it to? It’s a niche market/listing. I think flip bench seats are killer and super convenient. Don’t know what the hell they’re worth but as he mentioned they don’t come up often so how do you even cater to that market or determine what’s a fair price.

I'm honestly asking. End of 2008 to begining of 2009 I bought the arms and back rest for $300. I then fabricated the bottom by extending a regular bench seat bottom. At the time you could find a full set for around $400 with the high end being advertised around $800.

This would just help motivate me to put more work on this project Very Happy
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
FarmerBill wrote:
OvalinAz wrote:

Nothing against the seller but seems like the kind of thing I would put up for free just to help someone out. Or "free, pay shipping"

the problem is that the likelihood of what is there being what is needed is rather small. I mean look at the third picture; the areas you usually get cancer rust because of bad seals? Well they are full of cancer rust on this door as well. Chances are most people with a door in need of repair have good metal on the few spots this door also has good metal.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

don1357 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
FarmerBill wrote:
OvalinAz wrote:

the problem is that the likelihood of what is there being what is needed is rather small. I mean look at the third picture; the areas you usually get cancer rust because of bad seals? Well they are full of cancer rust on this door as well. Chances are most people with a door in need of repair have good metal on the few spots this door also has good metal.

I mostly agree with you except I've seen people with nice doors but the center was hacked out, not sure why.
This is why I said put it up for free. Smile

On earlier ice pick doors I've seen a bunch where the little slot/hook to hold the door mechanism on the inside was broken off or had a crappy repair.
If that part is clean on a rusty door, it's nice to weld in a little square to fix your nicer original door rather than try to fix some previous owner nastiness
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2470592

Looks like someone had a big of an engine fire
a smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Must have been there pants that started the fire........ Ad has been tagged a scam.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

a smith wrote:

Must have been there pants that started the fire........ Ad has been tagged a scam.

Yes, a user informed me they sold this Bus some time ago... after he converted it to a 21-Window through Grumpys so it doesn't even exist in that form anymore
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:

704535 - Dec of 1960

part of it is later

teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

ya, very odd.

headlights/vents are very 1964+ (I think; may be later) and has bullet front turns.

No gas gauge?
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Those headlights are the exact opposite of 1964+
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Okie Adam wrote:
Those headlights are the exact opposite of 1964+

You're right, my bad. Those do look like the more elliptical headlight buckets of 62 on down.

But what about hose vents?
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^^^ :2gunfire: :snipersmile: :2gunfire: :snipersmile: ^^^^^^^^

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2635, 2636, 2637 ... 2706, 2707, 2708  Next
Jump to:
Page 2636 of 2708

Jump to: