Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire.
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdross
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

Does anyone offer new rear window glass without the defrost wire to fit 74 Super Beetle. Good used glass would work.
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

Cip1 has the glass you are looking for. I am sure there are others too.
mdross
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

Thank you, Never cared for Kiss ?
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

I'm on board for this as well. I am a purist and prefer most everything stock, but as long as my rear window defrost doesn't work because of its' age and defrost lines being broken, it seems pointless to leave the window there as is. As long as the rear defrost doesn't work, I'd prefer a clear rear window without the defrost.
Dark Earth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

mdross wrote:
Thank you, Never cared for Kiss ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

~I'm almost done. I just lack finishing up.~ Anxious
mdross
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

Exactly this car will never need rear window defrost it does not work anyway no continuity and we just had a new headliner installed. Also never intend to sell this car so the decision was easy. That same thought process is why the next addition will be is a 2332 engine high torque.
Cornwallav8r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

mdross wrote:
Does anyone offer new rear window glass without the defrost wire to fit 74 Super Beetle. Good used glass would work.

Are you replacing the glass just cause the glass heater stopped working? You know that's easily repaired right? There are a few instructionals out there how to do it, but basically use 12v, apply plus to one terminal end, and probe with the negative probe along each individual wire, as they aren't insulated. Can easily find where the breaks are. They make a conductive silver paint, you just tape off both sides of the trace, clean/degrease the trace and paint. Do it neatly and it shouldn't show much of a repair.

Or just brute force and replace the glass lol
Good luck

Bill K
mdross
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Super Beetle rear window without defrost wire. Reply with quote

Replacing the glass because the heater does not work and had a new headliner installed. I'm of the belief that if it don't work do not want it on the car. As I said before will never need it anyway.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: