Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The JDMbeetle build thread
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: The JDMbeetle build thread Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
After pondering for some time I have decided to start a youtube channel. I have made my first video below, constructive criticism is welcomed and I hope to make some friends. Enjoy!

Link

JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Here is episode 2:

Link

episode 3 is going to be cool, so stay tuned!
adventurebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

JDM?
baxsie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

adventurebob wrote:
JDM?

LOLs
adventurebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

I thought JDM was Japanese Domestic Market. Whats it stand for in the VW world?
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Now all you need is a lot of subscribers. I hope they come flocking to your channel.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NachoCar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

adventurebob wrote:

Me too!?!
adventurebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

So it wasn't just me...
kangaboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

NachoCar wrote:
adventurebob wrote:

Me too!?!

Came here for the ricer beetle...

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Shocked

that fucking thing looks like it drove through a J.C. Whitney catalogue and hit everything on the way out Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

What is JDM about a beetle with pretty much all stock parts?

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
adventurebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Maybe if the OP would define the acronym?
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Just Doing Maintenance?

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
polypetalous
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Just Diggin' My Beetle

Ben
gmoney1227
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

His user name is JDMbeetle... maybe just named his channel after his name? Very Happy
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply everyone, yes I know my username sucks, I made my samba account in high school when me and my friends had grand ideas of building cars. At the time I was heavily inspired by a show called Initial D and I wanted to incorporate some bits of the star car (AE86 toyota corolla) as seen with the enkei compe wheels.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

gmoney1227 wrote:
His user name is JDMbeetle... maybe just named his channel after his name? Very Happy

Yeah, I couldn't decide on a channel name, I was going to make it 1432Volksvids but instead, I decided to stick with what was already established, but I do like the reuse of the acronym by brian and polypetalous.
I hope to finish the car this year, I know I haven't been posting as I just want to get the car done and enjoy it. I don't have the intention of getting big on youtube, I was just inspired by people like EZGZ and Mustie1 and so I wanted to share my VW journey as well.
I hope everyone Has a great day and thank you for showing interest in my channel!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Little known fact: it's only an acronym if it can be pronounced verbally as a word (e.g. RADAR, NASA, etc). Any other abbreviation is just an "initialism." Razz
JDMbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle YouTube Channel! Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
Little known fact: it's only an acronym if it can be pronounced verbally as a word (e.g. RADAR, NASA, etc). Any other abbreviation is just an "initialism." Razz

Got it, thanks for the correction Busstom.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle build thread Reply with quote

Haha, no need for thanks buddy, I figured on takin some heat for my comments! Smile

Motor on!
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle build thread Reply with quote

Dang, I was hoping to see an SR20 swapped into a bug with some bosozoku style exhaust pipes and TE37s.
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: The JDMbeetle build thread Reply with quote

I recently watched the movie version of Initial D on Netflix and I really enjoyed it. In some ways it was like watching LaMans, but with a bit of a plot added in between the racing. Good car driving movie.
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: