Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
santo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

Hello all, I just joined this amazing group.
I have a 1968 VW bug that I bought about 30some years ago for $50.00.
Yes, that is correct $50, the old lady that had it said that it was her son and he had just abandoned it in her garage and she just wanted it out, a neighbor of mine knew the lady and knew I wanted a bug, he gave me her contact number and bought the car.
The car did not have a title and after a few visits to the California DMV, the car was mine.
I was young and I wanted to customize it, shaved the handles, bumpers, and all the chrome, filled in all the holes, and painted it all black. Installed a black interior and a one-piece window kit, also installed electric solenoids to open the doors, and installed 13' wheels with 205-60-13 Yokohama tires.
It was the late 80s and I thought my car was badass, I should mention it was my first car. I drove it for many years then got married, had kids, and the car was put away, I would drive it every now and then to keep things oiled.
Fast forward 30 some years the car is still the same but I am not. Now I started to bring it back to the way it was before, luckily all the modifications can be reversed with no major problems.
I will try to post some pictures once I figure it
Thank you all! for the valuable information, you guys provide.[/b]
Murmsk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New member Reply with quote

Welcome! I bought my first VW for $35. 1959 ghia Sadly I sold it after a few years. Wish I had that car. Enjoy the transition

S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New member Reply with quote

Very cool story and amazing you've held on to it for so long! Excited to see pictures of it back in the day and now.

But also welcome to the Samba!

EDIT:

Here is a How to on posting photos

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New member Reply with quote

Yes, pics please. And I would maybe preserve the late 80's mods. It sounds pretty cool.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
plotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New member Reply with quote

Nice, i'd hit the like button if we had one.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: New member Reply with quote

plotch wrote:
Nice, i'd hit the like button if we had one.

If this ever went the way of fb I’d be gone.
santo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New member Reply with quote

Ok, guys, I am sorry for the late response I am not really good with the computer and had to find the photos, scan them and load them
I hope they show. They are before and after
I had not seen the pictures in a very long time, Now I wish I had not change anythig and kept it the way it was
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: