Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

compatible wiper m otor
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_w
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: compatible wiper m otor Reply with quote

Is this compatible with the correct typ 181 motor?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cwa-12v?seid=sr...B#overview
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wbailey2112
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: compatible wiper m otor Reply with quote

Guess it depends on how you define compatible. Could you make it work? Probably. Is it a drop-in, plug and play replacement? I highly doubt it.

Send your old one to Mike Basso at Thingparts.com and have him rebuild it for you. Then you're certain that it will fit.
Elroyyy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: compatible wiper m otor Reply with quote

Also check with fellow member, Al Capulco. He rebuilds and/or sells rebuilt 181 wiper motors.
He's on the west coast too, so shipping could be faster and cheaper.
av8shunmeckaneck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: compatible wiper m otor Reply with quote

I got one of those to work. Sort of. You have to pay attention to which direction it parks. They are sold as marine wipers on Amazon. Mine parked to the left so it stopped straight up. I took it apart and flipped the gears over inside and re-staked them to the shaft (pretty janky) so that it would park the other direction.

It also required the wiring to be modified because it is self parking.

I dont have any of the linkage from an original setup but I'm certain that it wouldn't work with one if these without modification.

If you get one that parks in the right direction and has the correct amount of sweep it can be a significant savings over rebuild.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: