Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kadron venturi recommendation
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
old gh bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

I am running an 1835cc with C25 cam stock heads 4 to 1 exhaust
Would y recommend 28 or 30mm vents also recommendation on jets would be appreciated
Also using SVDA dizzy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

What size intake valves?

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
old gh bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

VW_Jimbo wrote:
What size intake valves?

Stock size 35 x 32 mm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

I believe My 2007 with a C35 and 39x35 valves was given 30mm venturies.
Lowbugget did the jetting, but doesn’t release the numbers, and I didn’t measure.
I understand Kaddieshack operates similarly,, but they’ll both get you the right combo.
69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

VW_Jimbo wrote:
What size intake valves?
..................................................................................................................jim he said stock heads lol lolhay i just got my super charger to gether what a job. my self i would run the 28 vents. with 132 mains timeing set at 10 degs int. 32 degs total all in by 3,000 rpm they dont like a lot of fuel pressure
i ran 2lbs fuel pressure spencerfvee
y
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
old gh bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
VW_Jimbo wrote:
What size intake valves?
..................................................................................................................jim he said stock heads lol lolhay i just got my super charger to gether what a job. my self i would run the 28 vents. with 132 mains timeing set at 10 degs int. 32 degs total all in by 3,000 rpm they dont like a lot of fuel pressure
i ran 2lbs fuel pressure spencerfvee
y
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks I was hoping to keep the 28 vents
I have 135 mains in at the moment but have 132 on order also just waiting for pressure regulator.
I’ll give it ago
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

Yes. With that set up you will most likely be in the 80-85 hp window. Then 28´s will be plenty. I´m pretty sure 132´s will be more right that 135´s
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

When I had a set of Kads on a stock 1600 dual-port with 35.5 x 32 valves, I also kept the 28 mm venturies and used 130 mains. Then on a 1776 single-port with 35.5 x 32 valves, I kept the 28 mm venturies and went down to 127's on the mains. On both engines, the spark plugs had normal dry/brown burn pattern- not black and sooty = rich.
old gh bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
When I had a set of Kads on a stock 1600 dual-port with 35.5 x 32 valves, I also kept the 28 mm venturies and used 130 mains. Then on a 1776 single-port with 35.5 x 32 valves, I kept the 28 mm venturies and went down to 127's on the mains. On both engines, the spark plugs had normal dry/brown burn pattern- not black and sooty = rich.

Interesting that you went down a size on a larger engine ??
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

Back when Kads were the dominant type of carbs (around here) the general best jetting for a 1600 was 52 idle and 127,5 main. If they were modded for SVDA and the engine was fresh we could go 50 on the idle.
Most 1776és like 55 idle and 130 mains. A few want a little more.
This is based on stock air cleaners and raised filter brace.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

hi the reason i said 132 main jets was hes running a 1835 motor. . not a 1600cc motor .or a 1776cc motor . the kads i ran .i wanted more top end power. for passing cars on the road .and pulling big hills here in ohio .all so it depends if you live on the east cost or the west cost in the USA . you might jet a carb leaner or richer. if you live in the west cost of the USA.jetting has to do with what state you live in in the USA. i have learned over the years that you can build two motors with the same parts . and each motor will take differnt jetting .you must have a starting point when jetting a set of kads .he might end up running a smaller or bigger main jet. his motor will tell him what size main jet he will need to use . every one that posted info on here gave good info on setting up a set kads . good luck. just my two cents spencerfvee
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kadron venturi recommendation Reply with quote

Quote:
Interesting that you went down a size on a larger engine ??
I was also surprised; I decided to keep the "smaller" main jets after I drove the car a few hundred miles and it did not show symptoms of being too lean. Per spencerfvee's comment I drive mostly on highways, but that 1776 engine was a single-port and I also made the carb change for a vacuum port to run an SVDA distributor. The Kads I had on 1600 engines were run with 009 distributors.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: