Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bought a "Running" Bradley GT.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

If I cannot salvage the rear window or find another of the same style I will see about making a removable convertible top to take it's place.
I have to do something for the doors as well and they will probably also be mostly fabric.
Stock 1600, have to keep the weight down! Wink
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

So, swing axles and fat tires.
Without going to extreme measures what is the best way to upgrade?
Is a Z bar a decent answer?

I need to roll it around a little to settle the suspension.
Expecting I may want to de-camber it a bit.
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Well what do you know, CA DMV got back to me.
Once I pay another $46.00 and get a Vehicle Verification done I will get a title.
This means I may now actually spend money on getting it into driving condition and registered for the road in Nevada. Very Happy
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Well, 7734!
I do not fit in the Bradley.
Even sitting directly on the floor headroom is minimal.

Had to get in to see if there was any chance of salvaging the wiring, that is a big NO.

Got the engine fired and it runs very well.
Still needs better access to work on it, seems to be a weak point for every VW kit I have ever seen.

Off to look at pan and front suspension drop kits now.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Keep the photos coming please!
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Lower engine tin is missing/not installed.
As I recall this is a bad thing for a street car.
Correct?
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Richard/SIA wrote:
Lower engine tin is missing/not installed.
As I recall this is a bad thing for a street car.
Correct?

It can be bad.
If it is fully open.....like a buggy or a trike.....you can get away with a lot.

In the little vw car the air flow was strictly separated. The fan and carb air was completely separated from the exhaust and exiting cooling air.
All the tins are critical in the engine compartment.

Most kit cars suffer from having incomplete engine bays.

At the bare minimum you should use the lower tins and duct the hot air out from under the body.
Then duct some cool air in towards the fan intake.
Even if you can not strictly separate the two....it will be better than being trapped in the hot air from the exhaust.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

eye would shit can the rear window.put glass in the "T" add some humps,kanards,air foils what ever behind each seat to flow rearward.you could also add venting for better engine cooling. many ways to go with it. that style is more like a coyote. than some bradleys Ive seen. lower the nose, but tires, big engine...a lot of$$ can be dumped into it..... just do what you want the way you want it and can afford . just get it done and have fun and stay safe.
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Title is still "In the mail" from CA.
Once it actually shows up I will get more serious about making this a runner.
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Well, it looks like the Bradley is going to be moved along sans engine.
Seems the rebuilt engine is worth more than the car and I am so very tired of waiting for CA to send the title.
Once the title shows up it will go up for sale.

Made a deal for a TITLED tube-frame buggy on the cheap, really only needs an engine, different front tires, and some lights to be a runner.
Here in Nevada I will be able to drive this on the street with no worry about headroom or cracking fiberglass.
Most of the roads around here are dirt, even in a lot of the residential areas.
I am surrounded by thousands of miles of trails.
I have a Land-Rover military truck that is really cool but intimidating off-road due to being a forward control that sets the driver and passenger very high and right over the front wheels. That exaggerates every little slope so will take a while to get used to.
The buggy will be simpler to operate, faster, and better on gas. Also not so valuable that I have to be paranoid about breaking it!
Richard/SIA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Well, traded that Buggy for some contractor work.
And of course he blew up the engine a day after the work was finished.

I've now bought a better Buggy with a type four engine, Bus trans, etc.

Can hardly give away the Bradley, still trying.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

Too bad about the Bradley. I don't mind the looks of them but if you don't fit in there is very little that can be done to make it practical.
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Bought a "Running" Bradley GT. Reply with quote

A lot of folks put a "body lift" (like for a dune buggy) on the Bradley.
Then put lowering spindles on and let the rear spring down a tooth.
Winding up with a "normal" stance with more vertical knee room inside.

I have a Vokaro and from pictures it has a considerably lower dash than a Bradley. I cut the entire dash out of mine and went to extreme measures with the chassis.....but I fit in it now (and I ain't big).
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: