Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need a battery for a Eurovan rescue... which Group type?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoragaverung
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject: Need a battery for a Eurovan rescue... which Group type? Reply with quote

Hi,

I looked at a 2000 MV yesterday and agreed to buy it IF/WHEN the owner gets a title issue corrected at DMV (don't ask). I was able to turn the car over with a dying Prius battery I'd brought along, but if I were to buy the EV I'd need to swap the old battery out immediately to be able to drive away. I foolishly did not note which side the battery terminals were on at the time.

I have a nearly new deep cycle that might serve the purpose of getting it home if the terminals are on the right side, but I don't know. I could buy a 'cheap' Wally world battery for this purpose if I knew what to get.

I've been trying to figure out which group size battery is standard for these. Every parts supplier suggest something different. If I do this, it's going to be a Vicegrip Garage kind of operation and I need the proper battery to just dump in and go.

So which is it? What is the stock battery group size? And failing that, can somebody post a picture of their battery in place so I know which side the positive/negative terminals fall on a stock install?

Thanks.
sgirard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Need a battery for a Eurovan rescue... which Group type? Reply with quote

In my 95 EVC I have a group 48. Terminals face the front, positive on driver side. No idea if it’s the same on all models.
64/71/72/82
--------------
Intro
jimbomitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Need a battery for a Eurovan rescue... which Group type? Reply with quote

The negative is on the left, as in looking at it straight on. The posts are toward the front of the vehicle as opposed to towards the firewall. I'm pretty sure the stock battery is a group 98 although there's others that'll fit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimbomitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a battery for a Eurovan rescue... which Group type? Reply with quote

https://www.partsgeek.com/5xpgggx-volkswagen-eurov...+%231&
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thoragaverung
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a battery for a Eurovan rescue... which Group type? Reply with quote

Just picked up an H5 at Wally World. I'm ready for my van extraction ops.
Thoragaverung
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a battery for a Eurovan rescue... which Group type? Reply with quote

We have an agreement in principle. Going to try a Eurovan extraction tomorrow after work. Stay tuned!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: