Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door Contact Switch 99 EVC
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gschwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Door Contact Switch 99 EVC Reply with quote

I'm chasing the door contact switches on my 99 EVC. The passenger side has a single wire, and the switch grounds the circuit with the door is open. I was able to fix that one with cleaning.

The driver side door has two wires connected to the switch. I can't seem to get these wires to make anything happen. I've cut and stripped fresh copper, and when I touch the wires together nothing happens. When I ground either wire nothing happens.

Any thoughts on where I can chase these, or is there a fuse somewhere random that controls the driver door contact and chime?

Thanks!
gschwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Contact Switch 99 EVC Reply with quote

Never mind, I figured it out.

Both wires go to ground when the door is open. I guess I didn’t have a clean ground when I was messing with it. I got the lights to work, but no door chime. I’m guessing someone removed it, or it has some other issue.
Whridlsoncestood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Door Contact Switch 99 EVC Reply with quote

I ended up just replacing mine. Cheap part. I cleaned mine with brake cleaner as they were all gummed up. Sanded contacts. New ends on the wires. Still ended up flaky days later no matter what. Bought new ones and it’s been no issue since.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: