Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Let the process of saving 2222069996 begin
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Let the process of saving 2222069996 begin Reply with quote

and after the 1st coat of POR plus a bit of ruffing it up for the 2nd coat.

outside view.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

inside view. more slathering to come.

malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Let the process of saving 2222069996 begin Reply with quote

A permanent temporary fix for the drivers door. As I mentioned, I cleaned the rust and used the POR-15 marine clean and metal ready prep. Then 1 coat of POR-15, a bit of ruffing up and a 2nd coat of POR-15 and a couple layers of tight mesh fiberglass. I call it a hippie fix.

I will own and drive this bus, so I will monitor the fix, see how long it lasts. The last step will be to ruff it up and smooth out the fiberglass, then go with a high quality top coat. More pix on that soon.
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Let the process of saving 2222069996 begin Reply with quote

Other work this weekend has been to slide the vinyl seat coverings on.

BTW I also added seat heaters to the seat and back rest. No complete pix yet. I ordered, and have not received the rubber top seat rail pads from Sewfine. So once they arrive I will be done. This passenger side seat btm looks damn good to me.

For fun I slipped the back on for a quick picture.

But this one is ready with the heat pad for the seat back.

malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Let the process of saving 2222069996 begin Reply with quote

I have been drag-assing around with the paint.... but I think I am satisfied.

I bought automotive paint with activator..... I have been painting with a brush and a foam roller. Coverage is good, and sometimes the finish is good, but mostly it is not good.

So I sanded the color using 800 or even 1000 grit. Got most of the issues knocked out. Then I went with automotive clear again with activator. Great improvement on the finish. So that is my plan for the rest of the Bus.

Doors are done....

And body has 1 maybe 2 good coats of color. So that remains, as well as some touch-up on the interior side of the doors. Remember, this is gonna be a driver.
malcolm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Let the process of saving 2222069996 begin Reply with quote

I bought one of those plates to make a Fuel Tank Sender access door. That is now done....

Not to mention, the new tank is installed and fully connected.... New Filler hose, fresh vent hose connectors, new sending unit, new strap down pads too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: