Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragtop man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

I am looking for a new way to ship my large parts cheaply. I used to have greyhound, but they have moved and no longer ship packages. please let me know how I can ship these parts cheaply with some other carrier, thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

fastenal
store to store freight

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/blue-lane-freight
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ragtop man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

I have one across town, but have never used them. are they as cheap as greyhound?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

Ups isn’t all that expensive either and is sometimes a few dollars cheaper than greyhound. I shipped a bumper from DC to St. Louis and it was like $90 using UPS and it includes tracking and door to door service.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ragtop man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

thanks I will check that out. I never use UPS. Usually they are more expensive, but for big stuff they might work out okay. thanks!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

I shipped two car seats with Grryhound from ny to nc for $90
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

Watch out!!! Fastenall has divided the country into 2 "Zones" , West and East- no shipping between zones. Greyhound has canceled a large number of terminals accepting packages and things are moving very,very slowly due to reduced service. UPS will just kill you on anything not a rectangular BOX, ignore damage claims, and destroy what you ship.

No cheap options anymore
TrulyVintage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Best way to ship heavy bulky parts, besides greyhound Reply with quote

Leave it to the Buyer to find a suitable
shipper - same thing works for vehicles.

Most folks think with their wallet.

They will blame you for recommending a
transport method if things fall apart.

Offer to store the parts at n/c for a reasonable
amount of time until the Buyer arranges shipping.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: