Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
racoguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierside Parts Unlimited wrote:
esde wrote:
you can order direct from webcam.
yes you can, you can also go direct to scat for rockers and Jaycee for pushrod tubes. this method will get you an astronomical shipping bill if you can even get them to ship the parts to new zealand. We ship tons of parts via US priority mail all over the world and have a special mail pick up every afternoon.
Ive tried to get to the bottom of this situation and can only chalk it up to poor communication and follow up on our part. that being said, it strikes me as strange that webcam just happened to have exactly the cam "WE NEVER ordered" sitting on their shelf. I'm not sure I buy that. out of the ordinary grind # with 112 lobe centers on the shelf???
I'm implementing some new procedures to help us follow up on special order items so this doesn't happen again.
If anyone ever has any shipping questions or feedback feel free to email me directly at [email protected]
shipping questions on orders in progress please email [email protected] and carol will get back to you right away.

Thanks Greg for taking the time to respond, maybe if I'd dealt with you instead of Ralph things may have gone more smoothly.
The last time I called I actually asked to speak to someone in charge and was told Ralph was the guy that day so I didn't bother as he was the one I'd dealt with all along.
I have visited your store a bunch of times so was extremely dissapointed to get the service I received but hopefully the new measures you implement means it won't happen again.
cbounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great service and prices, very helpful in regards to special orders . New to the area with lots of business to come
Peace!!!
ryanheinze
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 days after payment...
"Order Status: Processing"

Pierside has told me that they've been waiting on Berg for a GB241 pump cover, I called Berg to ask if it was back ordered and they said no and that they have plenty in stock, also they offer it for $10 less.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ron169
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered from them a few days ago a Moore Mid Mount shipping was fast packing was nice overall was good transaction only thing that got me a little disappointed is that i had to modify the urethane bump stops to fit properly had to trim them on the sides as they would not fit .. I would still buy from them in the future
Pau Hana
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: My new A1 Exhaust Sidewinder Just Beautiful Thanks Pierside! Reply with quote

Finally got a hit on people who truly believe in old school "Great" Customer Service!!! Not only do these folks listen & hear your needs, they also carry an awesome line of Top Notch, High End Products! VW Logo

Received my A1 SideWinder Exhaust today... With not needing to raise my Ghia, *(no jack stands). I completed the install within an hour. Out of the box, Super Clean Mirror finish & best of all... a Perfect Fit!!! Applause

To Carol, Ralph & all the folks at Pierside... A BIG THANK YOU & HAPPY 2015!

No Doubt, I'll BE BACK FOR MORE!!! Cool
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a crank.
Great price, service, communication and fast delivery to australia
Will use again
Dave
flipflop67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

16 days after ordering it's still in the processing stage, sent an email a week ago asking why, no reply, if I don't get an answer to this email, I'll dispute the transaction and take my money elsewhere.
Used before and they were ok, shipping is slow, but this order was placed on the 23rd of May and nothing, not even the courtesy of a reply to my email.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

flipflop67 wrote:
16 days after ordering it's still in the processing stage, sent an email a week ago asking why, no reply, if I don't get an answer to this email, I'll dispute the transaction and take my money elsewhere.
Used before and they were ok, shipping is slow, but this order was placed on the 23rd of May and nothing, not even the courtesy of a reply to my email.

why hide behind an email? they do have a phone you know....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

My ordered MST serpentine belt kit arrived yesterday. The generator pulley was really scratched up, so I emailed Pierside and sent them photos.
They phone today and offered to send a matching set of mag style crank and generator pulleys, since they didn't have a sold black replacement generator pulley in stock.
Now that's customer service!

A big 'thumbs up' to Pierside.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
didi wildhaber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

Is Pierside still on business?
Unfortunately during the last 6 months, it was not possible to get the money back or to order parts for my prepaid 700 USD.
Only 3 responses during this time from Mike, but still no solution..

Thank for your comments...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

Yes, they are still in business.
They just had a get-together there before the VW Classic show in S. CA
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
didi wildhaber
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

Unfortunately 12 months after my prepayment no refund, call back or response anymore to my e-mails...
Don't know what I did wrong.
Mike, would appreciate a response and a proposal how to solve this issue.
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

I wanted to buy new sunroof cables for my '74 Super Beetle. I went to Wolfsburg West first and they have none in stock. I tried the other usual suppliers I typically order from and at the time, none of them had any either or they had one side, but not a matching set. I found a supplier called Pierside Parts Unlimited in Huntington Beach, CA. I had never heard of them, but thought it was an opportunity to add a new supplier to my list when shopping for VW parts.

The two cables were listed as $89.99 each. Their website estimated the postage at $66.75, bringing my total to $246.73. I knew this postage amount was outrageous, but believed their site must have generated a postage estimate and like professional, leading aftermarket suppliers, they would adjust the total when they processed the order and charge me accordingly. In the notes on my order, I asked them to verify the postage amount. I placed the order on Saturday, April 24, so I could not call them and settle it over the phone, but expected they may have the same professionalism of other VW suppliers who I've ordered from over the years.

They do not.

My order finally arrived on Saturday, May 8th. The postage had not been adjusted. I just called them up to settle it during operating hours. Having been in customer service jobs most of my life, I know how I like customers to present their grievances to me and so I speak to other customer service representatives as I would like to be spoken to. I was polite and kind to Larry, as he said he could help me. I calmly relayed the issue to him and before I could finish, he interrupted me with attitude and told me that I shouldn't have ordered the cables if I didn't want to pay the shipping AND handling cost. I informed him that on my order/receipt, there was no mention of a handling charge. It listed a postage/shipping charge, but no mention of a handling fee and even so, how much could they expect to charge to handle two small, rolled up cables? So, he got another representative on the phone.

The next representative informed me that the prices of the sunroof cables went up from the $89.99 I bought them for to $119.00 and they charged me less to send the cables than what they should have. I carried the small Priority Mail package to my post office and they verified that it is a flat rate box, costing $8.55 to send. Pierside told me it cost them $14 to send.

So I asked the new representative (no name given) if the new cost was $119 (their website NOW lists the price at $120 and by now he is agreeing that the postage was in fact, $8.55), where does the "handling" charge factor into this new pricing and how much exactly was the handling charge? He did not answer.

He did inform me that the cables came from Germany and hence, the rise in cost. I let him know that the cables I ordered and was charged for were listed as Wolfsburg West's. He told me that was changed and the new cables came from Germany. That may be true as the bags they arrived in did not have the familiar WW logo on them.

After he told me they had raised the price of the sunroof cables, I pulled up their website to check and did see them listed as $120, however, five minutes later, I went back to their website and they list no Beetle/Super Beetle sunroof cables at all. They took them down altogether (*EDIT: As I am about to post this, I've rechecked their site and the cables are up again at $120). Throughout this entire process, Pierside neither attempted to contact me to discuss my inquiry about the postage, nor inform me that the cables I ordered were out of stock or changed in price.

I do not want to cheat anyone in any dealing or want anything for free or discounted, but I neither want to be taken advantage of. The litany of inconsistencies aside, they handled my concerns in the poorest possible taste and for that, I will never order from them again. I caution you not to as well.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

NEVER.....NEVER order a part from anybody that posted the shipping and you dont agree. How do you figure it out AFTER you have already ordered the merchandise. I agree that $66.75 is more than I would like to pay, seeing that both cables wound up would fit in the tightest USPS box and ship for $8 something...........But REGARDLESS, you should have got that straight before you ordered......no complaining now! Forget it and go on. Now you know they dont ADJUST when shipping has taken place.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

It continues to amaze me that there are ppl who continue to think that the cost of shipping something is solely the amount of the postage.

The actual cost of shipping includes, pulling the part from a shelf, acquiring a box and packing supplies, the labor to package it, and the transportation to and from the shipping location and the postage amount.(granted some are picked up at the business location, but there is also a cost to having that location to be picked up at)

the ppl who complain about "handling" costs are the same ppl who will pay $1.99 for a coke at a 7/11 that they know they can by at the food store for $.50 Rolling Eyes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
It continues to amaze me that there are ppl who continue to think that the cost of shipping something is solely the amount of the postage.

It amazes me that a reasonable person would think that it is fair that a company would charge $66.75 to handle these two rolled up cables and put them in a small box. ESPECIALLY WHEN NO HANDLING CHARGE WAS SPECIFIED ON THEIR INVOICE.

vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

creative native wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:

It amazes me that a reasonable person would think that it is fair that a company would charge $66.75 to handle these two rolled up cables and put them in a small box. ESPECIALLY WHEN NO HANDLING CHARGE WAS SPECIFIED ON THEIR INVOICE.

perhaps the word "handling" wasn't spelled out, but as a buyer, you obviously saw the cost as well as asked them to verify the cost..and pushed the purchase button.

seems they verified it @ $66.75 and processed the order.

bottom line is that when you pushed the button to order, you agreed to the total price.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sadly, Pierside Parts Unlimited made this unfortunate transaction even more complicated.

While speaking to the second representative, he told me that a revised invoice had been generated. I asked why I had not received it yet. He told me that he had just sent it.

Comparing the original invoice to the one that was likely generated while on the phone with him, I first noticed that he added a "handling" line item under LABOR. Compare this to the original invoice.

Secondly, I noticed that he listed the date I paid as May 4. I had no contact with Pierside Parts in any way on May 4. I am posting my PayPal receipt that indicates the date I actually paid, which was April 24.

I also noticed there is a completely different invoice number associated with my order.

Furthermore, I notice that the invoice date and time listed on the second invoice was supposedly generated BEFORE the original.

Lastly, according to their own math, they owe me $7.47, which according to my PayPal account, hasn't been refunded to me.

IF their new batch of cables cost nearly twice as much as what I actually ordered (excluding the supposed "discount") and expected to pay for, they should have contacted me to see if I still wanted to purchase them.

It is also convenient for them to have a website program that intuitively factors in that they would be out of the cables I ordered, effectively projected the difference in cost of the "new" cables and apply that difference as a "shipping" cost. Selling me something for the advertised price of $89.99 and actually selling me a product that is more expensive is a fraudulent retail scam, commonly referred to "bait and switch," according to the Better Business Bureau. If it smells fishy, it usually is.

stewartsoda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

On 3/30 I ordered a new Weber IDF dual carburetor kit from Pierside Parts. $900. Best price I could find anywhere.
Get an order confirmation email.
Order status: "pending"
Status stays "pending" for three weeks. I think "What's going on?"

Call them today:
Them: "Yeah you got a refund like the next day."
Me: "Wait, what? Nobody communicated anything about a refund and my order still shows 'pending' on your site."
Them: "Yeah, we can't keep up with what EMPI has in stock and their prices. I don't know why your order still says 'pending'. It's cancelled."

I go and look online. Price now $1500. Credit card never got charged.

Order status online still shows "pending".

Not a good way to treat customers. I certainly feel like I got done wrong.
PatJr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Pierside Parts Unlimited - [email protected] Reply with quote

Shout out to Larry at Pierside
Thanks Larry!

I was working on the ball joints on my van. I couldn't get the adjuster eccentrics off the top ball joints. Went over to Pierside to see if I could just get some new ones. Larry at the counter said they don't sell very many of them and didn't have any in stock. Larry then says you can just cut the ball joint and press the adjuster off. He suggested to use a sawzall. Back to the project, dug up the sawzall and cut the ball joint shaft just above the should stop for the adjuster. The metal was softer then I thought it would be, could have probably used a hacksaw. Now, by 'pressing' I had to translate that to smack it with a hammer. clamped the stub end of the cut shaft with some visegrips, put the 1" socket over the top of the cut end so it just rests on the adjuster, held the socket with some big pliers, several hard violent blows with the sludge hammer later and the adjuster popped off.
My suggestion, if you ever have to change the ball joints on your van, be sure to order new adjusters with the ball joints. This job is a nightmare to do.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: