Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can you share some of your joo-joo ?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
74VWSunBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Come to Arkansas - no inspections at all, tho from the dangerous looks of some of the (Northern imported) Rust Buckets, maybe there should be.

There is a one-time forever & very low-fee "Historic Vehicle license plate" for any car or pickup older than 25 years, but you certify it's to be used for "Parade & Display purposes only," but I do see S-10 junker pickups & lotsa other just plain "old" beater cars & pickups of daily-driver type usage & wearing one of those plates.

When I get motivated enough to get off my crippled-up old butt & resurrect my 35-years-in-storage one owner SunBug 'vert & get it back on the road, it probably will wear a Historic Vehicle tag. Any time you want to drive your car can be called "on the way to a display" I think, as often as people stroll up to a classic car for a friendly chat.

I did that the other day myself here with a guy driving an amazing '32 Ford Victoria hot rod.
regordracis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

F I N A L L Y ! ! ! !

25 months to the day since we involved ourselves into this Bug Scene ...

Safety inspection P A S S E D ! ! !

WE'RE ON THE ROAD ! ! !

( I'll take the heat for the CAPS , but yeah . I am frikin' screaming this out loud ! )

... only had to secure fuel line better than it was , and change out steering damper ( have to cycle back on that repair once I can get my hands on a bushing for it , but what a difference that made )

Had it out today for it's 1st highway run , a secondary highway , and we rolled smooth at a good Canadian clip over 100 Kph - that's 60 Mph for our 'merican friends ... only felt 2 white knuckles , not all 10

Now I can continue working on The Bug , with a fresh mind-set , pressure's off ...

The engine has run great since we got it , but still gonna get some engine pics posted to my build (?) thread :

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=721218

...can't wait to get anyone's input on that stuff , as well as all you Autostick experts out there ... also maybe smooth out the ride over the summer , especially the back half of the car because it seems to transmit our poor road quality more than I'd like ...

But for now , it's time for a bit of FUN !!!
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Congratulations! What a relief it must be. Drive that Bug!
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you share some of your joo-joo ? Reply with quote

Congratulations! I am happy to hear this news! Enjoy it and enjoy creating your own good juju in your VW.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: