Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas prices where you are
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Most places around here (Lehigh Valley area of PA) are running about $2.95-$2.99. Keep in mind we have the highest gas tax of any state (yes, even higher than CA).
typ914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Watching “Smoking and the Bandit” last night and caught a glimpse of gas sign in the background. Diesel 42.9 cents a gallon. Filmed just south of Atlanta in 1976/77.
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

typ914 wrote:
Watching “Smoking and the Bandit” last night and caught a glimpse of gas sign in the background. Diesel 42.9 cents a gallon. Filmed just south of Atlanta in 1976/77.

Sure would be nice to see that again... But I doubt we will ever see below $2 again in my lifetime. We just spiked again here in the Greatest State and are dangerously close to 2.90... Glad I can bike or walk to work!
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

We have been around $4 a gallon for months here is SoCal. Ridiculous.

johnnyvw164 wrote:
Most places around here (Lehigh Valley area of PA) are running about $2.95-$2.99. Keep in mind we have the highest gas tax of any state (yes, even higher than CA).

According to a quick search, this is incorrect. CA 62c per gallon, PA 58c.

https://taxfoundation.org/state-gas-tax-rates-2020/

But whatever. Both states are insanely high.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

The recent cyber attack on the pipeline should raise prices across the board.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Fish wrote:
The recent cyber attack on the pipeline should raise prices across the board.

Cyber attack? What the junk? Man I've been (happily) out of the loop..
johnnyvw164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:

johnnyvw164 wrote:

Depends on who's figures you look at. I've seen different numbers for 2021, so who knows? I'm guessing CA is contemplating going to a mileage based tax instead...NJ and PA are both contemplating that.
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

$3.57/gal for 93 octane in Wash. DC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

I think the pipeline shutdown just hit CA prices.. $4.60 a gallon at the corner station Shocked
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
I think the pipeline shutdown just hit CA prices.. $4.60 a gallon at the corner station Shocked

Yeah, sure, an east coat pipeline causes higher prices in CA? Bull$hit.
If anything, the pipeline causes a glut at the source, and suppy=ly/demand should mean lower west coast prices. Just an excuse to gouge.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

johnnyvw164 wrote:
Pruneman99 wrote:

johnnyvw164 wrote:

Depends on who's figures you look at. I've seen different numbers for 2021, so who knows? I'm guessing CA is contemplating going to a mileage based tax instead...NJ and PA are both contemplating that.

Everyone I will do this , eventually, so they can collect from electric car wankers
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
johnnyvw164 wrote:
Pruneman99 wrote:

johnnyvw164 wrote:

Everyone I will do this , eventually, so they can collect from electric car wankers

"Wankers"? Hell those poor bastards in WA are paying an extra $225 in annual vehicle tabs per year. That is the same as the total taxes (state and federal) on 330 gallons of gas. I went back to driving gas cars since I drive about 5000 miles a year. Shit, if you want to punish me for helping urban air be cleaner I'll drive something old enough to not be smogged.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

So we tax all people so we can give tax/purchase incentives to buy electric, and then they want to tax electric because they are "cheating" by using the roads they already paid for?

Huh?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

$3.80 for non and .20 less for 10%....I just went to fill up 25 min ago across town with non....they were out...so I got the 10% a mile&a half from home....and no lines like everywhere else.I shodda stoiped there to start with but the non gets better mpg.and my roadster likes it.it told me so.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Let’s do the math

Throwing out outlying AK, total gas taxes range from 40 cents to 80 cents per gallon.

A 12,000 mile annual driver at20 mpg uses 600 gallons per year and pays $240-320 in gas taxes

Electric cars should pay about the same. Looks like WA has figured this out.

They might help local pollution but they shift it to somewhere else.
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

4.05 a gallon for Mid Grade yesterday. Santa Rosa ,Calif.
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Pruneman99 wrote:

Yeah, sure, an east coat pipeline causes higher prices in CA? Bull$hit.
If anything, the pipeline causes a glut at the source, and suppy=ly/demand should mean lower west coast prices. Just an excuse to gouge.

I think he's saying that the pipeline shutdown just caused the East coast to start to see prices like you guys normally see in CA.

I drove past 4 gas stations which were closed this morning, due to lack of gas, on the way to work today. I was starting to sweat until I found a station which was still open (and packed - even had a guy playing guitar for money for the waiting motorists). Now I have a full tank, and it will hopefully last me a week.
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Let’s do the math

Throwing out outlying AK, total gas taxes range from 40 cents to 80 cents per gallon.

A 12,000 mile annual driver at20 mpg uses 600 gallons per year and pays $240-320 in gas taxes

Electric cars should pay about the same. Looks like WA has figured this out.

They might help local pollution but they shift it to somewhere else.

I would suggest that you use at least the average fuel economy of a gasoline passenger car using government numbers (sorry, they seem to report in kilometers per liters these days.) There are very few trucks or SUV class EVs.

Oh, and EVs use about 1/3 of the total energy per mile. Gas engines have a peak efficiency of less than 40% and a typical operating efficiency significantly lower. That is the main reason hybrids vehicles get better gas mileage -- using a second power source to keep the engine operating closer to peak efficiency or off.

I can just burn gas in a dirty old Bug and pay quite a bit less in fuel taxes. They set the policy!
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

A hybrid or EV will do about 2x better than the average car as it is designed for efficiency , with attendant drawbacks to that design.

The electricity for an EV comes from a power plant which is 40% fuel efficient ( oil) , 60% ( cycle gas) , or “too cheap to meter “( nuclear) 😎
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Gas prices where you are Reply with quote

San Diego.
May 11, 2021
$4.29 per gallon

That was yesterday.........

Today, who know?

dgsaz
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 136, 137, 138 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Jump to:
Page 137 of 199

Jump to: