Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kolbenschmidt mains
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Kolbenschmidt mains Reply with quote

Bought a new set of mains.
The case is a New autolinear one.
The oil supply hole in the bearing is only half aligned with the oil supply hole from the case. I can do a C cut in the bearing to get alignment. What I don't like is the full circle groove in the bearing is only 1mm deep. The other unusable bearing I was going to use has a proper 2 mm groove cut into it. I believe the oil supply to the journal will the 1 mm groove will be inadequate. A piece of junk or a bit of sealant will be able to block off that 1mm groove easily. I'll have to get the oil groove cut deeper me thinks.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Kolbenschmidt mains Reply with quote

GARRICK.CLARK wrote:
Bought a new set of mains.
The case is a New autolinear one.
The oil supply hole in the bearing is only half aligned with the oil supply hole from the case. I can do a C cut in the bearing to get alignment. What I don't like is the full circle groove in the bearing is only 1mm deep. The other unusable bearing I was going to use has a proper 2 mm groove cut into it. I believe the oil supply to the journal will the 1 mm groove will be inadequate. A piece of junk or a bit of sealant will be able to block off that 1mm groove easily. I'll have to get the oil groove cut deeper me thinks.
......................................................................................................................yes i have done it many times spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Kolbenschmidt mains Reply with quote

Roger that Spencer.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolbenschmidt mains Reply with quote

What is the bearing made of?
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Kolbenschmidt mains Reply with quote

Aluminum. I've sent them back and ordered steel backs. I wasn't given a choice in what I recieved.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: