Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1962 Ragtop tweed interior help
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhmyers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

I bought a 1962 ragtop, I'm looking for a bit of a higher end interior. I have seen some really nice tweed interior bugs, even the headliner. The pan is almost done and it looks amazing, the body will be going to paint soon, so its time to start thinking and planning for the interior. Any suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

Sewfine made up the vinyl & tweed covers for my '63 ↓

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
Bhmyers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

Do they offer a matching headliner?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

I went with full tweed in my oval, seats, door panels and headliner. I regretted it after a couple years.I like what rcooled did though, mixed vinyl & tweed. I went with all vinyl seat & door panels on my vert, sure wish I can finish it Sad

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

Bhmyers wrote:
Do they offer a matching headliner?

Don't know...you'd have to call them. Talk to Carol (720) 287-2127
'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
Bhmyers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

Thank you.
anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

Sewfine is p much a one stop shop.
the.fordhams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

Another thumbs up for Sewfine, Carol helped me out.
67 SO42 welding project
03 Eurovan Weekender
08 Touareg 2 V6

WANTED :
Bob King VW dealer Wilmington NC dealer tag surround and any Literature for 03 Weekender
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

Classic VW Bugs has installed numerous tweed headliners. I've seen them in person and they look very good. Shop owner Chris buys them from Sewfine. Here's a video that can help you with material choices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjX07cXfpNs
I think rcooled's seats look excellent with his materials choice.
iamthewalrus30
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Ragtop tweed interior help Reply with quote

If you can afford to get the whole interior from Sewfine, I would recommend doing it. They are fantastic.
I got my door panels from Sewfine in a grey tweed and they matched the same tweed for my headliner. You just have to call then up and be specific to what you want.
I went with Jbugs for my seats, vinyl with grey tweed. I made sure the grey tweeds were a close match from both Sewfine and Jbugs by first ordering some swatches to see.
If I had the cash, would have just went with Sewfine but Jbugs had a good sale on interior I couldn't pass up.
If you need pictures let me know and I'll upload them.

Goodluck!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: