Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 511, 512, 513 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

[quote="Bobnotch"]
lawn ninja wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2470401

32k and they can't even paint the trunk or put bumpers on it. Either they got the best crack on the market, or type 3 pricing is going crazy.

What happened to the rear apron?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Jason37 wrote:
lawn ninja wrote:

32k and they can't even paint the trunk or put bumpers on it. Either they got the best crack on the market, or type 3 pricing is going crazy.

I think the sexy apron was removed from the thread.

Oh, you mean the car?
Wink
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Jason37 wrote:
lawn ninja wrote:

I think the sexy apron was removed from the thread.

Oh, you mean the car?
Wink

Its either been disemboweled or has some of this going on.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2286601

Passenger, right side floor pan, half Price: $180.00

"no rust holes..."?
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2286601

Passenger, right side floor pan, half Price: $180.00

"no rust holes..."?

Good luck getting 180 for that.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Isnt Gerson popping these?

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Yes, last I checked. They don't have the seat tracks, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

BSQUARE wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Maybe so, but the Gerson parts have the metal for the battery (it's cut off in that photo).

I've replaced better pans than that one.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
sjbartnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

The Ad wrote:
All new 8 CV joints

8? I'm confused

Oh it’s a Syncro! No wonder so expensive Laughing
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
BSQUARE wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Maybe so, but the Gerson parts have the metal for the battery (it's cut off in that photo).

Seat tracks seem to be pretty hardy. Id think most replacement jobs would have good tracks to use. Maybe this was the thought behind it other than material and fabrication costs.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
BSQUARE wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Seat tracks seem to be pretty hardy. Id think most replacement jobs would have good tracks to use. Maybe this was the thought behind it other than material and fabrication costs.

Yeah, but 180 for a good seat track seems pretty expensive. Especially since it's got all that rusty sheet metal attached to it that you're gonna scrap after paying to have it shipped to you. The Gerson pan halves were designed to be used on a T-34, or a regular T-3, which is why they don't come with outer seat tracks or T-34 seat tracks.
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wayland. You smokin some crack.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2476475

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2476480

If the radio was cherry, with a Frankfurt - early one with power pack and not the generic AM, pristine wrap around with all its foam, pliable and sweet, not road hard and put away wet - then it would be at the high end at $500.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

It seems like now, the most important and obvious thing to do is leave out information in the listing . I just looked at a beautiful type 3 at 40,000+ miles for I believe about $23,000 USD. It was ad number 2471222. Very nice ad and nowhere in it was ever mentioned it was an AUTOMATIC.......What, are you so good at talking and selling, you feel I can be convinced to buy it. Nice ad, very nice MISREPRESENTATION!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
It seems like now, the most important and obvious thing to do is leave out information in the listing . I just looked at a beautiful type 3 at 40,000+ miles for I believe about $23,000 USD. It was ad number 2471222. Very nice ad and nowhere in it was ever mentioned it was an AUTOMATIC.......What, are you so good at talking and selling, you feel I can be convinced to buy it. Nice ad, very nice MISREPRESENTATION!

Well, it may not have been in the text, but there is this photo included in the ad:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2471222

I notice it's LHD but from the UK. Ad doesn't state this (just that it is from America), but the photos make that clear, too.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I had to scroll through all the pictures to find that............would have been much easier for the seller and perspective buyer to have read this in the ad.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Beautiful car but I agree that should be in the text, preferable near the top of it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

"1 Owner Car"... "I bought the car from the original owner" Think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Are yall shitting me? Thats the worst ad out there? Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Seems like some extra trivial stuff to mention with such a nice looking car. Maybe the FaceBook AD was better because he knew more people would see it? Haha - just kidding Ev Wink Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Is it me or do some individuals think if it comes from Europe, people will just pay more. This is my example.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2471508
I can get the same from ISP for half that and know that includes shipping. And I thought ISP could be expensive.
If it were a rare part or near unobtanium, but that mount is about as common as it can get. And, I would think it would be a common part in EU as well.
Ah well. I do appreciate honesty on shipping prices.
Type 1 - 59, 62, 63, 71 Super 68 KGhia/ Type 2 - 59 Single Cab / Type 3 - 64 Notch
Water
GTI 83, Jetta 81, 85, 87, 91 TDI, 98 TDI, 09 / New Beetle 99 / SportWagen 05, 13 / Tiguan 18 / T3 92
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:
Is it me or do some individuals think if it comes from Europe, people will just pay more. This is my example.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2471508
I can get the same from ISP for half that and know that includes shipping. And I thought ISP could be expensive.
If it were a rare part or near unobtanium, but that mount is about as common as it can get. And, I would think it would be a common part in EU as well.
Ah well. I do appreciate honesty on shipping prices.

Careful, you may not like the price on that particular part my friend. But Bert is one of the few that even bother to find, list and sell hard to find T3 stuff for us all. Food for thought. Wink Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 511, 512, 513 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Page 512 of 535

Jump to: