Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

I purchased a Weber 32/36 carb kit from Red Line I set it on my 1776 engine and fired it up. The thing runs like crap, though I haven't adjusted the carb yet, guessing that what it needs. Ok... My question for those in the know...The idle screw and the mixture screws are set in the rear of the carb. How do you get back there to adjust these screws with the carb setting on the manifold. You have to have the engine running to tune, right?.. So how do you adjust them in such a tight space?... Do I have the wrong carburetor?... I might have to do some re jetting, but I'll worry about that later as long as I can get it the ball park.....Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

Do you have it sitting in the right orientation?

Any new "Weber" needs to be completely cleaned out before it's installed. They aren't the Weber's of yore and are known to have a lot of crud in the passages. And yes, the engine needs to be running to tune. You shouldn't need to re-jet with that engine.

Good reference book here for beginners: https://www.amazon.com/Weber-Carburetors-Tuning-Ti...amp;sr=8-3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

Letterman7, Yes, it sits where its supposed to. I 've seen the same carb in other vw engines. SO I need to take it apart to clean it through? So my question still stands. How to reach the screws that sit in the rear ?

Thanks for the response..
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

legotech7 wrote:
Letterman7, Yes, it sits where its supposed to. I 've seen the same carb in other vw engines. SO I need to take it apart to clean it through? So my question still stands. How to reach the screws that sit in the rear ?

Thanks for the response..

I just use my fingers, I can reach it easily. I like this write up.
https://www.aircooled.net/making-weber-progressive-dfev-work-aircooled-vw-engine/
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

weasel_ugs.. Boy...you must have tiny fingers..lol.. I did manage to find some a tiny socket that I can probably use to turns the screws with a bit of difficulty, hopefully....But for now I will remove the carb, and as suggested clean the inside witch I understand these carbs come with quite a bit of debris, witch is disappointing considering the price you pay for these kits. You'd think their QC would be better.

Again, thanks for the advise...
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

In general across the wide world of consumer products, Quality Control seems to be entirely forgotten. It costs money. And in the modern business environment of extreme profit, expenses like quality control are pushed to the side.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

Legotech7,

NC is a big state, where are ya?

If you are close to Troutman, Jeff Huber can help with your Weber/Redlines carbs if you get in a bind.

https://geargaragenc.com/
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

brando90gl. Yes sir. I'm in Concord NC just north of Charlotte... Its not that far from me. Do you happen to have a link or email address or any contact information? Thanks for the help.
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

legotech7 wrote:
brando90gl. Yes sir. I'm in Concord NC just north of Charlotte... Its not that far from me. Do you happen to have a link or email address or any contact information? Thanks for the help.

One more time, for the folks in the back....

https://geargaragenc.com/
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

lol.... Sorry I didn't notice the link. Thanks..
brando90gl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

No problem, hope it helps.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

Did you check Redline site?

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/Table_of_contents.htm

bnc
legotech7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Weber Redline carburetor a Adjustment Reply with quote

Yes I did didget69. The information is good , but nothing on how to reach those screws. I guess I'll have to be inventive.. We'll see... Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: