Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lever dampers design
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to get new seals from? And did any find the right size freeze plug to press in the side? Very Happy thanks
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone? Confused
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
Hawker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Lever dampers design Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anyone have one of these, they don’t need?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BR,

Rob
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lever dampers design Reply with quote

Interesting that this subject has raised its head again, as I'm looking to have 3 shocks repaired if possible. Apple in the US are still repairing them, as I wrote to them on the subject last month https://www.applehydraulicsonline.com/collections/...ocks-links

The trouble for us in Europe, is that with the cost of freight back and forth, with import duties and VAT on top, they become very expensive items to have repaired, whilst the price Apple charge is reasonable.

I'm internally soaking my units in diesel for a couple of months, before an engineering friend said that he would attempt to take the seized units apart, and see what could be done, including making new parts. Let's see what happens!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Doktor Brezel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Lever dampers design Reply with quote

Hawker wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have one of these, they don’t need?

Rob

I have a shock with a broken casting so it could be taken apart for parts, but I first need to find a good one for that side. (Don't remember if it's left or right)
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Lever dampers design Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
The trouble for us in Europe, is that with the cost of freight back and forth, with import duties and VAT on top, they become very expensive items to have repaired, whilst the price Apple charge is reasonable.

You mean for you in GB, as here in Europe we also have a workshop in Germany that rebuilds them.

https://www.feuerland-werkstaetten.de/index.php/de/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Lever dampers design Reply with quote

Interesting. Thanks for that link. Do you know anybody who has used them, and what cost is involved please? The trouble is, in my experience, is that freight costs generally from Germany to the UK can be very expensive, plus of course sending the units there for repair in the 1st place.

Then we have import taxes based on the work value element, plus the freight cost. Then these elements are added together and further taxed at 20% for VAT, so costs mount up. If it's any cheaper than sending to the US for repair, I would be surprised.

My recent experience with dealing with manufacturers in India, shows that post gets there in around 6 days (fractionally more expensive postal costs than to Europe), whilst from Germany recently normally takes between 2 & 4 weeks. Plus, because of it's prefered trading status (To help developing countries) I don't have to pay import duty either when importing from India.

When I said Europe, I was basically refering to the costs involved with sending things long distance, i.e. Trans Atlantic. Thanks again for the lead. Amazing what services are out there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: