Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Remote oil filter mount
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carguytroy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Remote oil filter mount Reply with quote

Looking for a bracket and a good spot to mount my remote filter set up I purchased from CB for my 68 Ghia. I looked on CB for the bracket that goes under the fender where the bumper bolts I guess are and they are out of them as well as JBugs, and CIP1. The remote unit I bought is the run of the mill thing with the three bolt holes and uses the Ford filter. You guys have some pics of where you mounted yours? Looks like I’m going to have to make a bracket too. Should I use aluminum or steel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
itsawesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Remote oil filter mount Reply with quote

I mounted mine in that location, but secured it through the engine bay slam panel. From memory the bumper style mounts the filter vertically and is then visible, which i wanted to avoid.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is a jaycee remmote filter mount, and a thermostat sandwich plate to the cooler.
mounting bolts

I fabbed some box section to space the mount away from the body a bit
2003 911
www.hertfordshirevehiclestorage.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carguytroy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote oil filter mount Reply with quote

Yeah I would rather not have it hanging down and with the exhaust that’s on it there’s zero room under the fender for it to fit. Looked at the bumper bracket area and that’s a no go too because of the exhaust. I have a different muffler set up. The tubes aren’t as big as what’s on it but where I have the heater boxes still I don’t know if that even really matters. Here’s a couple of pics. This is going to be tougher than I thought to find a good spot for the oil filter mount.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: