Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brake pressure regulator with front disc conversion
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul356A
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Brake pressure regulator with front disc conversion Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am fitting bay front discs to my split with a servo dual circuit master cylinder ( all fitted around a Red 9 Design wishbone front end) . Do I need a brake pressure regulator on the rear drums? If so does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable one?

Cheers

Paul
DubStyle
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Brake pressure regulator with front disc conversion Reply with quote

I don't know if it's required or the sellers would offer it with their kits. I've had 2 upgrade kits and no issues. I'm wondering what others will pitch in. Question Question Question

SBS #1
SBS #1 on FB

"The original & best lowered Split Bus website/club"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NUTSFORBUSES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Brake pressure regulator with front disc conversion Reply with quote

I do not have a regulator, but I tried it--nothing changed. I also do not have a servo, so this may not help you. I have 4 wheel disc's on a split. I used the regulator on the rear circuit with a standard dual MC. Made no difference.

I think just having disc's is enough, (especially 4 of them). I think if you're bled well and and adjusted in the rear, you should be fine w/o it.
I think you can do fine w/o the servo MC too. I'm pushing some HP and it stops much faster even before I installed the rear disc's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Split 66'
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Brake pressure regulator with front disc conversion Reply with quote

I have a late-bus, German ATE DCMC, I don't use a servo with it. I have Wilwood discs up front and T3 drums in the rear, I did not have to modify anything, no residual pressure valve was installed or removed from mine, and it still has plenty of pressure without a booster, with perfect front to rear balance.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: