Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

fuel pump wiring question
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: fuel pump wiring question Reply with quote

I'm trying to remove all the gas out of the tank and clean it before I mount and go to start my newly rebuilt engine.

Does anyone know the positive and negative for the fuel pump so I can connect it directly to the battery to send a signal to the pump?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: fuel pump wiring question Reply with quote

red/yellow (m/2 at the panel) is for power from a 20a fuse at position 18. either ground will work as they both go back to the same position on the fuse panel m/1. Violet/black is for the fuel sender, which eventually gets to the instrument cluster
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: fuel pump wiring question Reply with quote

thanks so much joshwa.

The pump was in such bad shape when I got in there I had to remove it. I pumped all the gas out with a hand pump and the rest with a cloth then I cleaned the tank out real good while i was in there, and got a new pump coming in this week.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: fuel pump wiring question Reply with quote

VWinny wrote:
thanks so much joshwa.

The pump was in such bad shape when I got in there I had to remove it. I pumped all the gas out with a hand pump and the rest with a cloth then I cleaned the tank out real good while i was in there, and got a new pump coming in this week.

let's see some more pictures. What was the inside of the tank like?
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: fuel pump wiring question Reply with quote

inside of the tank was not bad, there was some debris but not much. the gas in there had pretty much turned to turpentine. Got the battery hooked up today and have the switch in on position but fuel pump is not turning on. Currently investigating...
VWinny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: fuel pump wiring question Reply with quote

getting 9.96 volts to violet line but no power to red/ yellow line...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: