Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fouronthefloor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

Hi all, trying to find a distributor for my '85 1.9l. I missed out on these new Bosch's some places had a few months ago. Just ordered a rebuilt one from Bus Depot but got a message from them that they're indefinitely on back order.

I really don't understand the nuances of these, so figuring out what's compatible has been a headache. Nowhere else seems to have any in stock these days. My van is in the US and I'm in Germany.

I've tried looking for parts over here but from what I can tell, the Digijet DH motor was never sold in Europe, can anyone confirm? Anyone know of any places in the US or EU that has these right now?
brickster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

Vanagain has a few options.
fouronthefloor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

Nothing in stock at Vanagain unfortunately
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

They are or were rebuildable. There is a member Glenn I recall rebuilds them.

edit: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=633

Last edited by MarkWard on Thu May 13, 2021 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2470668

in our very own classifieds
no relation
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

I have a brand new old stock Bosch 1.9 distributor rebuild kit made in Germany (part number 1237011050) I can sell you or install in your distributor for you if you like. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Andrew-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

For in the future, it would help us help you if you had at least a part number. VW/Bosch used literally hundreds of different distributors over all the years. based on the above ad I probably have several cores less than $50 shipped but I won't be able to claim as the ad does that it is working fine. The price is a bit high for a used distributor but when you need one I guess it might be best to pony up.

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mfemenel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

Don't order from bus depot. Try M&T Manufacturing. They might have one. Their prices are generally competitive but you actually get your stuff in a reasonable time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

@fouronthefloor

I'm pretty sure I have a good used distributor from a 85' 1.9L

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
fouronthefloor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Sourcing complete 1.9 distributor? Reply with quote

So back to trying to find a good one of these. Sorry for the lack of part number but my van and Bentley are nearly 5,000 miles away. The Bosch number is 0237022045 as I've since found out. I got the rebuild kit from our fellow member here but unfortunately the shaft in mine was kaputt, so no dice.

Bus Depot keep listing these as in stock, I order and then get a message that they are in fact not. Agon, I just sent you a PM.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: