Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Okrasa Premium Member
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject: 25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build Reply with quote

I had a customer who has a Dec. 1952 "Zwitter" and wanted the dual carb. look and decided the W.West dualport kit would suit his needs.
He was concerned about using his original 25hp sheet metal including his 25hp head tin. He didn't want to use the later 36hp head tin that
is necessary to use with the W.West DP kit so I did a "little" mods. to the heads. Got it all together and the owner loves it!

Enjoy photo!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

See my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/okrasa/

1959 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe / Bamboo-Green / Denzel 1300cc / OG. owner, paint Wink

Denzel engine running. See this link: https://youtu.be/DgUlsQDTXTE

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: 25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build Reply with quote

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!
pig-pen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: 25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build Reply with quote

Mr. Okrasa wrote:

Hello, can I ask about the bracket there for the oil filter... is that just a temporary fix until the motor is installed? Or will the bracket be fitted there with the exhaust?

thanks!

Martin
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build Reply with quote

pig-pen wrote:
Mr. Okrasa wrote:

Hello, can I ask about the bracket there for the oil filter... is that just a temporary fix until the motor is installed? Or will the bracket be fitted there with the exhaust?

thanks!

Martin

Hey Martin. The bracket that you see in the photo is for demonstration purposes ONLY. It represents where the oil filter bracket would be
mounted in relation to the bumper bracket. This full flow system is from Gene Berg and they include necessary hardware to mount.

1959 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe / Bamboo-Green / Denzel 1300cc / OG. owner, paint Wink

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build Reply with quote

awesome build! Your engines are always so clean.

btw where did you find the full flow cover? I think i saw you had a mill in another thread. did you make it? Or is it a NOS gene berg unit?

thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pig-pen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build Reply with quote

Mr. Okrasa wrote:
pig-pen wrote:

thanks!

Martin

Hey Martin. The bracket that you see in the photo is for demonstration purposes ONLY. It represents where the oil filter bracket would be
mounted in relation to the bumper bracket. This full flow system is from Gene Berg and they include necessary hardware to mount.

that is what I figured... just checking. Also trying to work out how to mount a remote filter when the motor isn't in the car, its going to the Dyno for first start and tune up.
Original Old Speed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 25hp W.West Dualport "Zwitter" Eng. Build Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
awesome build! Your engines are always so clean.

btw where did you find the full flow cover? I think i saw you had a mill in another thread. did you make it? Or is it a NOS gene berg unit?

thanks

I do have a Bridgeport mill but I didn't make the full flow cover. Instead, I purchase the full flow filter kit from Gene Berg.
See this link where you can purchase yours: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=981659

VW www.Okrasa.com
356 www.PreA356.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: