Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 171, 172, 173  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

campism wrote:
1988M5 wrote:
CLK FS (not mine) FYI
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/wto/d/sacramento-mercedes-benz-clk-w208-clk/7289074601.html

$800 is pretty steep for wheels that need to be refinished.
"Scratches, pitting, curb rash, face gouging, tire machine mounting marks, paint fade, tire bead residue, clear coat aging all present."
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Agree. $800 should get you pretty nice ones. I just got really nice, but not perfect ones for $850 shipped. I think these are more like 400-500, but the market is nuts on everything so maybe I am out of touch.
Bloomquist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Does anyone know what these steelies are?

They look a bit bigger and I notice opposite the valve hole two of the oblong holes are actually round. Somewhat unique so was wondering if anyone has seen or can recognize that wheel?

Thanks for the help!

Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Bloomquist wrote:

They look a bit bigger and I notice opposite the valve hole two of the oblong holes are actually round. Somewhat unique so was wondering if anyone has seen or can recognize that wheel?

Thanks for the help!

Yeah me too and where can I get a pair banded to 9" wide ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Thought maybe same as these without caps ? But maybe not..

ET on spares can be large enough to use adapter so it's real possible it's not a 5x112 wheel. There's a few that look close on ebay searching 18 inch steel wheel. Didn't see an exact match though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

New Beetle (and successor) Turbo wheels, maybe?
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

I get a lot of DMs asking me for more details on these rims, so I thought I would just post the FAQs..

a) the horrible sparco logo is a sticker, it comes off with a little heat
b) tire rack has these go in and out of stock in multiple colors all the time
c) if you want to find them, search for wheel fitment for a 1998 Mercedes CLK320
d) The weight rating is stamped on the inside of the rim... wheel rating is 675kg.= I run them on my tintop, I would NOT run them on my westy.
e) Dokatodd was my insperation. I put mine on in 2014 so I guess I have had them for 7 years with no issues.
f) wheel spacers... you only need a 3mm to make the front clear, but if I was to do it again I would go just a little larger and then the caps that come with these rims will fit front and back. The caps come with a domed "S" logo that can be removed with a heat gun. I don't recall what back spacer size was... it was whatever Chris at T3 told me to buy.
g) just buy what Chris tells you to buy
h) I have since moved to BFG’s. I like them better.

Cheers
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

I want a like button @S4VAGE those are cool.
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to buy 16" steel rims lately? They seem to have all dried up out there in the vanishing global supply chain.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Based on the deafening crickets, it's obvious you wanted me to work harder for the info. We found some in Germany, so FO.

y u rune klassik?
S4VAGE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
Based on the deafening crickets, it's obvious you wanted me to work harder for the info. We found some in Germany, so FO.

I miss this place Laughing -- Hi Zeitgeist. You going to DOB?
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

The organizers have wisely chosen to preemptively ban me from attending. My disruptive reputation precedes me wherever I go.

y u rune klassik?
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Bloomquist wrote:

Thanks for the help!

Not exactly what you're looking for, but close. And they build custom sizes..

https://www.corsasteelies.com/wheels
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Front GoWesty Springs
Rear Syncro Springs
Bilsteins all around (2wd rears)
Junkyard Mercedes wheels ET51 with 25mm spacers and F250 lug studs M14x1.5
Using Baywindow/Vanagon style lug nuts now on all 4
215/70/16 General Grabber tires
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

https://www.corsasteelies.com/wheels

Those wheels are very attractive but the 16" wheels are only rated at 1200 lbs.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com

Last edited by Jake de Villiers on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Those look like 17" I think...can you identify them ? I can't find any exact match.

I am also wondering if a Mercedes clamp nut vs a vanagon peen nut on the front spindle will factor in to the grease cap fit. With grease cap fit factoring in to center bore and center cap fits with wheels...
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Crankey wrote:
Those look like 17" I think...can you identify them ? I can't find any exact match.

I am also wondering if a Mercedes clamp nut vs a vanagon peen nut on the front spindle will factor in to the grease cap fit. With grease cap fit factoring in to center bore and center cap fits with wheels...
Sorry, I have edited my post to express my point more clearly.

The Corsa Wheels are rated at 1200 lbs whether 16" or 17". I don't know what's on that crazy low T3.
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TomInAlaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/87240800...619cc97295

These just showed up for sale locally to me. Google tells me that the centerbore should work, but the seller is measuring the centerbore to be sure (they'd be going on a 2wd van). I assume I would need spacers of some to be determined thickness and new bolts/nuts at least. What about weight rating? Would a 2wd weekender type van be too heavy for them?

'84 GL adventure van project (1.9L, 4speed) https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755844&highlight=
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

TomInAlaska wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/87240800...619cc97295

These just showed up for sale locally to me. Google tells me that the centerbore should work, but the seller is measuring the centerbore to be sure (they'd be going on a 2wd van). I assume I would need spacers of some to be determined thickness and new bolts/nuts at least. What about weight rating? Would a 2wd weekender type van be too heavy for them?

You're going to want to know the ET sooner than later. Those look like high ET FWD type wheels from here. Might need a lot of spacer to clear the upper control arm.

They're called 'Assetto Gara' and they're made by 'Sparco.'

The tires are way underrated at 91. You should have at least 97 on a tin top.
www.thebassspa.com
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Avantgarde for Audi, made by BBS. Fronts bored out to 66.6
17x8
3/16" spacer in front, 1/2" rear. Fronts need the spacer, rears don't really but the look better flushed out with the spacer.
Not something you can find easily, I just ran across them on the vortex. Really wish they were the 18" but at that time I thought 17's were ideal. Now I'd prefer slightly less tire sidewall. But good for winter tires, solid, simple shapes, easy to clean.
Tires 225/55/17.

WestiT3_1986
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: "What wheels fit?" The ultimate wheel post. Reply with quote

Bloomquist wrote:

Thanks for the help!

They seem to be 17" Mercedes GLA INfinity G30 rims:

All the data is in the pictures - ET38 6,5x17. Part Nr. A1564000000
66,6mm centre bore.

Problem will be the weight rating- they are only rated at max 590kg.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167 ... 171, 172, 173  Next
Jump to:
Page 166 of 173

Jump to: