Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Highway 1 Treffen 2021?
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlk3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

Is it happening this year?

https://newsroom.vw.com/vehicles/the-vw-bucket-list-highway-1-treffen/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

so far, it is still ON.. They always spend the night in my little town (Crescent City, CA) and we always have a show and barbecue for the "Treffeneers"

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Tom snowden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

Any itinerary or dates? Looks like you join whenever or as long as you can keep running!
carlk3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

I found some info:

https://www.facebook.com/AirheadParts/posts/10159064523196422

AIRHEAD PARTS HWY 1 TREFFEN NEWS
Sorry for the long wait for Treffen news, it’s mostly been a waiting game here too, hoping 2021’s Treffen #23 could come together in a normal fashion.
The biggest obstacles have been state park and restaurant reservations in all three states we travel through. Most state parks day use areas are open, but not all, and no group camping is available yet, not even to reserve for future dates. Regular campsites that are open are at limited capacity, and with people hitting the outdoors in record numbers, it’s just not possible to get enough sites for one night anywhere.
It’s the same situation with restaurants, with limited indoor capacity and often small, temporary outdoor areas, we can’t yet get the upstairs or the back room or anything yet. We had just over 70 cars at breakfast in Coos Bay, OR two years ago...
But there is good news!
The Del Norte Dubs Crescent City car show is a go! Volkswagens on Lighthouse Ave in Pacific Grove is a go! We can’t do the Volkswagens on Main St. in Ventura as it’s all closed for outdoor dining and foot traffic, but we’ve got something else in the works. Three shows!
Here’s the plan as of today. The Blue bus is going to drive border to border, but there won’t be an itinerary with food and gas/rest stops, or camping/hotel suggestions. We can’t really do any of that stuff in a big group except get gas.
Of course, most places will probably be fully open by the time late July rolls around, but we can’t make reservations in the mean time. That’s 30 meals/restaurants alone, wiped off the itinerary, which mostly revolves around meal times. Another thing to consider is that this will probably be the busiest summer on the coast and in the state/national park system that we’ve ever seen. There are more people and groups vying for limited space that ever.
This is everything that’s happening so far. It would be great to get a campout going in Washington July 14th/15th, and in Oregon on the 17th. Anyone have a spot?
T July 15: Arrive in Port Angeles, WA
F July 16: Port Angeles to Astoria, OR
S July 17: Astoria to Coos Bay
S July 18: Del Norte Dubs VW Show- Crescent City, CA
M July 19: Crescent City to Fort Bragg
T July 20: Fort Bragg to San Francisco
W July 21: VW’s on Lighthouse Ave- Pacific Grove
T July 22: Pacific Grove to SLO
F July 23: SLO to Ventura - Pismo Beach group shot in the morning
S July 24: Ventura - Campout details TBA Fri & Sat night
S July 25: Ventura to the Mexican border @ Imperial Beach, CA
So if you're interested in cruising for a bit, or grabbing some coffee, or if you're available for some photos, shoot me a message, let's see what we can get going!
Stay tuned!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scubasteve321
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

any update on this?
carlk3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

scubasteve321 wrote:
any update on this?

Quote:
Airhead Parts
June 14 at 6:25 PM ·
OK! As most of you have heard, there is no formal itinerary this year, we'll be winging it like the old days... only more!
I've been keeping an eye on the parks situation and it's still not possible to reserve the group or day use sites at Humboldt Redwoods State Park, nor anywhere along our route, WA, OR or CA. Individual sites are all booked too, though people cancel all the time. You really need to check often.
I'm also having a tough time with restaurant reservations, they're all over the place regarding availability and/or commitment. I get it, no hard feelings.
Hotels are filling up fast from what I've been noticing too. Lodging is going to be a bigger challenge than food, as we can eat anywhere in groups of whatever size whenever we feel like it. We should still try and picnic all together at someplace like Whaleshead Beach. Availability again...
ALL THAT SAID, if you're still up for the 1700 mile Border to Border challenge, we'll be meeting up in Port Angeles as usual on Thursday, July 15th. We're on the road Friday morning!
I've been getting a lot of emails and a lot of folks at El Prado were super enthusiastic about getting a daily itinerary like in past years. Sorry, folks, it's just not possible (still/yet) this time...
In fact, I think my San Francisco location just fell through. Stay tuned!

I'm thinking it sounds too stressful for me to drive out from CO with no reservations.
Rustyvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

Anyone know the route from Pacific Grove to SLO?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Michael1107
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Highway 1 Treffen 2021? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I bought a 1970 Campmobile Tin Top in 2016 which got second Place in its category at Highway 1 Treffen in 2009 / Treffen 11.
Now I am looking if by chance anyone still has pictures from this event, maybe even a picture of my bus. Would be great!

Regards from Stuttgart,Germany!
Michael
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: