Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can you help me with this linkage? 48 IDA
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flightofphx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Can you help me with this linkage? 48 IDA Reply with quote

I recently purchased a car with a 2276 and 48 IDA carbs. I have never had IDA's before, but have had dual Weber carbs. On my last car with baby Webers, each carb had its own idle screw (throttle stop screw) so you could set idle on each carb. This setup only has a throttle stop screw on the right carb, and no screw at all on the left carb. I ordered a screw and spring and the CB True Arm kit and I am awaiting them in shipment.

I am not sure. I have never seen duals set up this way. Has anyone seen this setup that may be able to explain?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by flightofphx on Sun May 16, 2021 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
66brm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you help me with this linkage? 48 IDA Reply with quote

I bet there's an idle speed screw on the other end of that carb

modok wrote:
I am an expert at fitting things in holes, been doing it a long time
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Can you help me with this linkage? 48 IDA Reply with quote

The linkage is pretty much standard.... I'm with 66brm, idle speed screw may be on back side of left carb.... Years ago carbs were set up as left and right out of the box, then that all changed and then they only came as one assembly, so on one carb the throttle arm and idles speed screw had to be moved from "rear" of carb to front.... May previous owner/builder did not move the screw.... Also you mentioned baby Weber's, but do you realize you should disconnect linkage to do carb tune then when you reconnect be aware that there is not any change in settings (tune)...

Also

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Can you help me with this linkage? 48 IDA Reply with quote

FYI...

You'll want to replace the rear tin, there are opening for heat risers. These are right above the #2 and #4 exhaust tubes and will let hot air into the engine compartment. Until you get a rear tin with no fresh air or heart riser openings, put some foil tape to close of the holes.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flightofphx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you help me with this linkage? 48 IDA Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
FYI...

You'll want to replace the rear tin, there are opening for heat risers. These are right above the #2 and #4 exhaust tubes and will let hot air into the engine compartment. Until you get a rear tin with no fresh air or heart riser openings, put some foil tape to close of the holes.

Glenn - yes, I have rear tin w/o holes and w/o riser openings being shipped now. I also got some hoover bits to install.

Last edited by flightofphx on Sat May 15, 2021 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
flightofphx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you help me with this linkage? 48 IDA Reply with quote

Dale M. wrote:
The linkage is pretty much standard.... I'm with 66brm, idle speed screw may be on back side of left carb.... Years ago carbs were set up as left and right out of the box, then that all changed and then they only came as one assembly, so on one carb the throttle arm and idles speed screw had to be moved from "rear" of carb to front.... May previous owner/builder did not move the screw.... Also you mentioned baby Weber's, but do you realize you should disconnect linkage to do carb tune then when you reconnect be aware that there is not any change in settings (tune)...

Also

Yes, I always disconnected one side and pinched off the balance tube when adjusting the Webers.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: