Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BAT Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:
MrPolak wrote:
20-Years-Owned 1967 Volkswagen Type 2 Camper

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-volkswagen-bus-31/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sold For $34,750 On 5/14/21

Fair price maybe even a bit high. That bus looks pretty solid but needs a lot of cosmetic work unless you just want a decent Westy to camp in.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

I agree.

I don't think you're going to get a westy walk-through in that condition for much cheaper these days.
turkis-deluxe
Samba Security

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

I actually bid on that bus with the intent to buy it but lost out near the end. There's no real major issues and it just needs to be gone through and fix all the little things and that bus would be a great turn key Westy. As others have pointed out it is a complete SO42 and is a pop top walk thru and original Velvet Green bus so a lot of positives there. Hope the new owner will be happy and I think he got a solid bus at a really fair price.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Not BAT though:

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1958-volkswagen-samba

Looks legit I think. Too bad so dirty underneath.
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

turkis-deluxe wrote:
I actually bid on that bus with the intent to buy it but lost out near the end. There's no real major issues and it just needs to be gone through and fix all the little things and that bus would be a great turn key Westy. As others have pointed out it is a complete SO42 and is a pop top walk thru and original Velvet Green bus so a lot of positives there. Hope the new owner will be happy and I think he got a solid bus at a really fair price.

Pretty sure it was NOT original Velvet Green, but rather ivory.
Pretty decent bones, but seemed like a lot of money. I do not think it was a turn key driver, but the successful bidder was well informed.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

teahead wrote:
Not BAT though:

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/1958-volkswagen-samba

Looks legit I think. Too bad so dirty underneath.

Possibly legit.
Only about 30 things away from being properly sorted. Biggest problems the bumpers and paint colors. We will see what the market says.
I don't think there are any $100k early buses anymore.
Vanagons:
will t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
turkis-deluxe wrote:

Pretty sure it was NOT original Velvet Green, but rather ivory.
Pretty decent bones, but seemed like a lot of money. I do not think it was a turn key driver, but the successful bidder was well informed.

Hi All, @Alan Brase thank you for your kind comment to me on the comments section of the BaT auction. The bus actually was Velvet green. Much of the interior and exterior surface was painted during a "rerstoration" prior to my seller's tenure of ownership, but there is a good picture of the air box and the interior surface of the top of the bus where the headliner panels would go, and all that is original paint. There is a thread I started called "Is it a 66 or a 67" and that goes well into the ID plates, VIN, etc.

I will eventually (soon) start a build thread as i have already stripped all the Westfalia stuff and everything else out of the rear of the bus and I intend to go through the bus and get it back to as original a state as I can. It does have decent bones and it was a lot of money but so far it is dead straight, no rust, no collision repairs, nothing. I haven't gotten to the nose but... we'll see. Keep an eye out for a build thread.

Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

My bad! I do now remember the green around the M-plate!
and AGREED! a velvet green bus is more attractive to me also.
I guess I'm kinda a believer in serendipity and usually go with the "love the one you're with" plan with regard to car color anyway. Meaning, yes, this should be put back to green in my mind also.
The first VW bus I ever owned and drove very much was a very ratty 1970 green with white top. I came to love that thing, so the green is just about my favorite color. Is the 1970 green color the same as 1967?
BTW, did you notice that is a rather early VIN for a 1967. Could be one of the very FIRST 1967 Westfalia's?
My 1980 Vanagon Westy is quite a high VIN but still built in July 79 and it is still about the the 5th oldest VIN I have found. (Just looking at numbers, there is no known registry of Vanagons.) Might be more bragging rights? That and a dime will get you a cuppa coffee?
Vanagons:
will t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
I guess I'm kinda a believer in serendipity and usually go with the "love the one you're with" plan with regard to car color anyway. Meaning, yes, this should be put back to green in my mind also.
The first VW bus I ever owned and drove very much was a very ratty 1970 green with white top. I came to love that thing, so the green is just about my favorite color. Is the 1970 green color the same as 1967?
BTW, did you notice that is a rather early VIN for a 1967. Could be one of the very FIRST 1967 Westfalia's?
My 1980 Vanagon Westy is quite a high VIN but still built in July 79 and it is still about the the 5th oldest VIN I have found. (Just looking at numbers, there is no known registry of Vanagons.) Might be more bragging rights? That and a dime will get you a cuppa coffee?

Hi Alan, yes, the bus I bought has a very low VIN for a 67 and some of the smart and well educated members here have narrowed down the probable build date as July 7 1966. And it may be that the 07 7 stamping on the M-code plate was a mistake at the factory, and that it was supposed to be 07 6. I am interested to know how many 67's were built before mine. I tried to find that info out using the VIN page but I can't interpret the page well enough to be sure.

Last edited by will t on Sat May 29, 2021 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

will t wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:

Hi Alan, yes, the bus I bought has a very low VIN for a 67 and some of the smart and well educated members here have narrowed down the probable build date as July 7 1966. And it may be that the 07 7 stamping on the M-code plate was a mistake at the factory, and that it was supposed to be 07 6. I am interested to know how many 67's were built before mine. I tried to find that info out using the VIN page but I can't interpret the page well enough to be sure.

Super early 67s still had the small radio opening, at least my 21 window does. Later had the big radio opening but no reverse lights and then even later had the reverse lights added.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1973 Ghia convertible
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Groovy single cab on BAT

It is ...purple

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-volkswagen-single-cab-transporter-3/
Coming to you from God’s Own Time Zone: Central Time…up near the Illinois/Minnesota border. ** Note I am currently (mostly) INACTIVE in the bus community due to temporary life changes. My price tracking from 2016 to 2021 is now over and data stored offline **
"Cows at the border of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln are remarkably honest."
iamdonquixote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

turkis-deluxe wrote:

price seems high by more than 10k to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

iamdonquixote wrote:
turkis-deluxe wrote:

This is why it's unlikely I'll be buying any more buses. I'm stuck with what I got.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
iamdonquixote wrote:

This is why it's unlikely I'll be buying any more buses. I'm stuck with what I got.

Really? part of it seems $30k high to this old fart.
Not too likely I'll be a big bidder on BAT. (I should bought one of the 912 coupe tubs sold a few years back!)
I agree, but actually there are not a lot that appeal to me. I'm leaning to a 1968-75 Westy more than an early one and I have a 1970 that is a big project. Maybe a Wild Westerner hightop?
Most of these bidders are driven by dynamic incomes or old money in crazy amounts.
It costs them a lot to get to what we already had.
My $900 baby from 1995;

Rear picture:

So, yeah, after this, where do I go?
Vanagons:
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

I'm afraid to comment on this one. I'll just leave it here.

1966 Volkswagen Single Cab Transporter:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-volkswagen-single-cab-transporter-3/

[/url]

Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Fire extinguisher needs to be 6 times that big.
Vanagons:
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Purple.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

They should have buried Prince in that thing.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1973 Ghia convertible
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
They should have buried Prince in that thing.

That is sad in a couple ways.
And I do not disagree.
Vanagons:
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

No Reserve: 1964 Volkswagen Type 2 Double Cab Transporter

This one is easier on the eyes.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1964-volkswagen-double-cab-transporter-2/

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Jump to:
Page 6 of 48

Jump to: