Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which door handle is period correct?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdlively
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Which door handle is period correct? Reply with quote

I'm new to the forum and new to beetles. I'm looking to get a key made but I ran into a problem with getting the key code off the door handle. It seems that there are 2 different handles and I don't know which one is the correct one. On the pull lever of one of the handles it has 2 curves for your fingers tho rest in when you pull it to open the door, the the other handle the lever is straight. So which one would most likely belong to a 74 super beetle? Hope the pic shows up.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Beeble1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Which door handle is period correct? Reply with quote

The one on the bottom. That’s the same style that’s on my 73 super beetle.

Dealership items from Bishop-Wayne Volkswagen & Turner Volkswagen in Kankakee, IL wanted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jitbba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Which door handle is period correct? Reply with quote

My 74 Beetle has the one on the bottom as well
raydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Which door handle is period correct? Reply with quote

Definitely the one on the bottom with the finger grip. That is a later model handle.
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Which door handle is period correct? Reply with quote

I further agree that the one on bottom is correct. My '74 Super Beetle has this style.
mrdlively
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Which door handle is period correct? Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for all your help We were thinking the same thing but weren't 100% sure. The one on the top is from the driver side and it's broken but we think it had been replaced one time before.
Thanks again, you guys are the best!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: