Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2003 Weekender - door wiring loom - how to remove kneepad?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
memariani
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: 2003 Weekender - door wiring loom - how to remove kneepad? Reply with quote

Hello.

I have a wiring short in the driver's side door. This video describes the likely issue, worn wires in the door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3rXmydwzFY

I want to follow the instructions in the video, but cannot figure out how to remove the kneepad. All the videos and information I find online show a different setup, with a removeable glove box.

Can anybody help me with instructions on how to remove the knee pad below the steering wheel to access the fuse box, so I can remove the fuse box to disconnect the door wiring loom?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks in advance for any help.
memariani
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: 2003 Weekender - door wiring loom - how to remove kneepad? Reply with quote

Hello.

After some additional searching, I think I found the answer here:

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/adding-glovebox-to-1997-2003-eurovans.7121819/#post-94520729
jimbomitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2003 Weekender - door wiring loom - how to remove kneepad? Reply with quote

From what I recall there's a plastic cover near the kick pad and knee pad that you pry off to expose two 10mm hex head screws. Remove them and slide the pad to the left to remove. There's some plastic shields under the dash that need to come off as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: