Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

64 bug trunk liner options
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chernefittervw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: 64 bug trunk liner options Reply with quote

Hey Guys...have been a member for a few years..first question...I just picked up a complete restored 64 Bug...I would like to know the best quality trunk liner you guys like. TY and im sure more silly questions in the future. Love this site..amazed at the knowledable v dub people here....
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 bug trunk liner options Reply with quote

A belated "welcome to the samba."

How about this as a reproduction trunk liner?
https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113863509C

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 bug trunk liner options Reply with quote

I had a cardboard liner. It was getting old and dingy.

I got some black automotive/marine carpet from Menards. It comes in 6 foot width. I got 4 feet, so a 4x6 foot piece. It looks and feels like the same thing that you find in most new car trunks. It is all polyester to can be washed etc. if needed.

https://www.menards.com/main/flooring-rugs/carpet/...622308.htm

Made a paper template and cut a rough size/shape. Laid it in the trunk and trimmed to fit.

I like the way it looks.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 bug trunk liner options Reply with quote

I just got a new liner from Wolfsburg West. It came in a large box - “half rolled” so I laid it out flat today and put two pieces of wood on top of it to flatten it back out. I’m planning to put it in tomorrow. Will post pictures and thoughts back here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: 64 bug trunk liner options Reply with quote

AirHead1966 wrote:

That looks a hell of a lot nicer than the birds nest of wiring under my trunk! Thanks for the link.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rcooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: 64 bug trunk liner options Reply with quote

For reference, here's the trunk liner and wire cover in my '63. Both were purchased from Wolfsburg West. Material & finish are very similar to the OEM parts, and both pieces fit perfectly.

'69.5 Ghia convertible and
'62, '63, '65, '69 Bugs (all long gone)
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 64 bug trunk liner options Reply with quote

I just installed my WW liner and wire cover today. Great fit. I called them up and one of the guys talked me through the “folds” which I will illustrate tonight when I get back onto my PC. I got it all in, then had a headlight issue and wound up having to take it out to troubleshoot. I got it back in again, but admit - it looked cleaner the first go around. Haha

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: