Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I recently purchased two rebuild kits for Pierburg fuel pumps from them as I thought they were getting them from a new supplier. These kits were WORSE than the previous junk rebuild kits they were selling. The main diaphragm pins are a 1/4" too short vs. the OE ones. This makes these kits unusable as you can't preload the diaphragm and the assembly sits too far down into the body.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now, the REALLY sad thing here is that MANY people have written to Wolfsburg West reporting this information the past few years yet they continue to sell these kits. To me that speaks of horrific business practices and the poor integrity and morals of the ownership. Wolfsburg West is proud of their efforts in having parts reproduced yet at the same time they sell known unusable junk parts?

I tried to contact them multiple times via their "contact us" page to discuss this and share these pictures with them and was simply ignored. I've always struggled with this companies customer service. Speaking to ANYONE of their poorly trained people (with personalities of a door knob) who answer the phones was never something to be enjoyed.

Now, their choice to ignore customers concerns and emails simply shows this company's arrogance and poor business practices. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars with this company the past few years.

Now, I will spend my money elsewhere.

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
steve n
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Has anyone had a problem lately with WW? I had ordered a bumper set and the chrome was peeling on the blade and on the bumper guard. No problem they sent me a new bumper and everything was fine. This was 2 years ago. a few months ago I decided to paint the inside of my blades on those bumpers. After stripping the peices apart I saw that the guard chrome was cracked on the inside behind (and including) their paint I asked them about it and they said it wasn't the chrome, it is only chromed on the outside. I said it is still dipped and nickeled and the nickel is peeling away from the bare metal and the bare metal is now exposed. He still said it couldn't be the chroming. So I said ok, I will pay $50 some dollars for a new guard them. I totally disagree with him, I still have the part and it is definitely the chroming process.
That brings me to this new issue. I ordered the last right hand side Camo Green running board they had, (I will get a right side when available) it arrived on a Saturday, opened the box, all the other parts I ordered were wrapped onto the underside of the running board. I thought that was weird. I unwrapped it all and before the plastic was even off I have to rsend it back. The SS side molding is scratched all over,the mat is too far back from the front of the board with an 1/8" gap exposing the metal. The rear is 1/8" overhang and none of mounting slots are not exposed due to the mat covering them. Lastly, the boards are dented along the mounting location. Why would a company with their reputation allow that to happen? I like the company but it seems to me they are letting crap go out to us thinking that it is ok. I'm sure they will make it right but what gives? Anyone else have some issues like this? By no means am I saying they suck because they don't. WW does have some of the best parts out there but on occasion you scratch your head and ask, what were they thinking? I will always still shop WW but each shipment I receive I get concerned just before I open the box. THEY ALSO NEED TO STOP WITH THE AMOUNT OF PACKING PEANUTS, SMALLER BOXES SOMETIMES CAN HELP. I've been doing more purchases lately from West Coast Metric and hate to say it but they have some real good quality parts.
matthew henricks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

FWIW and because i just searched it WW still does not accept paypal. Even in store where sometimes the CC machines can access paypal accounts.

Bummer as i really like them and they generally have good quality stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I know that as with most forum type chat rooms it’s not vogue to report good experiences but I ordered a bunch of ignition parts and some other miscellaneous items for my bus. All are fitted and operating as intended and with no complaints.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I phoned in an order for a few small brake parts on Friday morning.
On Monday morning the parts were on my doorstep half-way across the country.
In other words, they shipped immediately.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
I recently purchased two rebuild kits for Pierburg fuel pumps from them as I thought they were getting them from a new supplier. These kits were WORSE than the previous junk rebuild kits they were selling. The main diaphragm pins are a 1/4" too short vs. the OE ones. This makes these kits unusable as you can't preload the diaphragm and the assembly sits too far down into the body.

Now, the REALLY sad thing here is that MANY people have written to Wolfsburg West reporting this information the past few years yet they continue to sell these kits. To me that speaks of horrific business practices and the poor integrity and morals of the ownership. Wolfsburg West is proud of their efforts in having parts reproduced yet at the same time they sell known unusable junk parts?

I tried to contact them multiple times via their "contact us" page to discuss this and share these pictures with them and was simply ignored. I've always struggled with this companies customer service. Speaking to ANYONE of their poorly trained people (with personalities of a door knob) who answer the phones was never something to be enjoyed.

Now, their choice to ignore customers concerns and emails simply shows this company's arrogance and poor business practices. I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars with this company the past few years.

Now, I will spend my money elsewhere.

YES, to their "personalities of a door knob" and they are not the Wolfsburg West of 20 years ago. Again, Asian competition has forced this. I stopped buying from them when they discontinued my discount. I shipped parts to my home always, and even though I had a phonebook ad and address for the business...….well that was it. I had been in business LONGER than Tony and Carla.
stwesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I purchased a brake reservoir for my bus and while installing the plastic component it broke at the seam. I emailed support and sent some pictures and go a prompt reply that they would replace it.

Part just arrived, thanks for the great customer service.
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

They did it again ordered last thursday delivery day wednseday if arrived today(monday) when I want to get parts they are the first place I check.Some items might cost more than othet vendors but it'sa qualitly part every time.
brenthughes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Oscar at Wolfsburg West for the win!

Checkout the "Axle boot getting squished on frame" thread for the details.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9049771

I recently ordered a transaxle mount from WW to replace the inferior mount sourced elsewhere. Fresh off of that small victory, I gave them a call when I started having issues installing spring plates (I was doing it wrong). Oscar had the answer I needed and 30 minutes later my project was back in action.

Thanks again!

Brent
a1steaksauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to Wolfsburg West. I needed a pair of rear wheel cylinders last minute for the next day and they delivered. I ordered them at 3pm west coast time and they got them boxed up and out the door by 4. Received them next day and I was on the road shortly thereafter heading to the vw show.

Great service. Thanks again! Ended up having a blast at the show.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Most of the parts on my 67 bus are from Wolfsburg West. I have always tried to lean on the side of paying a bit more to get it right which serves well in the long term. For owners like me, the hobby would be in a world of hurt if this company didn’t do it’s thing.

Their high standards and attempts to improve their offerings while trying to make something called a ‘profit’ should be applauded.
Hotrodheb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West was just able to reopen for business last Monday 5/11. I placed an order that day and I received my full order on Saturday! Way to go WW!!!
ewdb92
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I've ordered from WW many times over the years and only had 1 issue (a part broke - defective and they took care of it). On Tuesday, I ordered some brake parts and oil sump seal and they shipped by Tuesday night. USPS was a bit slow, but they got em here today. All parts as expected and good quality. I really like this shop and will continue to order from them. Thanks WW
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I recently bought a Karmann Ghia and WW doesn’t stock KG specific stuff. WW is my go to VW supply store but when you find yourself having to use the other vendors in the business the difference is clear.
henrym
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Been buying from them for a long time. Over many orders a few tiny issues here and there but always fixed quickly. More often than not Tony answers the phone and is great to deal with.
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Wolfsburg West is my go-to VW place now. Every time I've ordered from them the parts and been good quality and they ship quickly.

The other day I ordered some things. A few hours later I remembered something else I needed, so I emailed and asked if it could be added to my order.
They emailed back and said "sorry, USPS has already picked up your order". Impressive.
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Ordered $130.00 worth of parts, shipped Dec 28. Package is still in Bloomington CA at FedX. No delivery date available on FedX tracking. They told me to call FedX. What? I didn't use FedX, you did! I asked them to resend, they said they would but I would have to pay return shipping if the first package showed up. Tragic, uncaring customer service. I asked for the owner to call me, so far......crickets. Probably spent $2-$3K over the years with them. Guess that doesn't count.
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Follow up on my post above.....showed delivered January 19, got the notice via email from FedX. Well, not delivered to me. Spoke with Brian, seemed to not care. Cancelled payment on my CC, done. So much for their customer service. Lesson learned.
creative native Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

Over the past year, as I've restored my Sun Bug, I have relied heavily on Wolfsburg West and have felt confident in doing so as I've been a customer since the early 90's. I have always been very happy with their products and in the span of nearly 30 years, their quality has always been impressive.

When ordering my German square weave carpet, Mike helped me through the process and had my carpet cut and sent the same day. This was not as simple as a regular Type 1 as the Sun Bug is a SE model with a different carpet configuration. The final result looks stunning and I regularly receive compliments on my interior, which makes me grateful every time for WW's help throughout this process.

I trusted my most important items to WW and they didn't let me down. Among them, new trunk liners, German square weave carpet, headliner, sunroof parts, running boards, etc.

Ferrety66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West Reply with quote

I normally find their products are very good. However, I am not sure why their website continues to advertise the Muffler Installation Kit with the small hole gasket. They not dot have it anymore yet, the continue to advertise on their website utilizing pictures that clearly shows the small hole gasket in the kit.
I asked them about it and replied the pictures need to be updated and that I could always return the product for a refund but that is not the point, I still need the kit I just want what I paid for according to their website. Not cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: