Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

NHL Fans?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Alright, 2021 playoffs have begun. Watching my MN Wild now, vs Vegas. This is the third game played so far in the whole playoffs, also the third game to go OT. It has been a great game! I love a defensive struggle. 0-0 after 3, with massive shots on goal and a huge pile of hits thrown and shots blocked.

This is hockey as it was meant to be!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

MINNESOTA WITH THE WIN!

Damn that was a good game. Might be the best I have seen this season.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

A bit off topic, but yesterday , in the EPL, Alison, the GK for Liverpool went all the way up the field and headed in the game winner with 10 seconds to play.

Epic finish, and keeps Liverpool’s chances of Championship play alive.

EPL ( British soccer) does a couple of interesting things to keep fans engaged

Top team wins the league trophy, no playoffs. There is a separate FA cup tournament. Top four teams play in Championship tournament, top 6 in Europe tournament.

The bottom three teams in the 20 team fold get dropped into the , minor leagues’. This is called relegation.

The top three teams from the minors get promoted. The top two finishers automatically promote, there is a playoff for the last.

!

That game is probably the biggest money game in sports with the winner getting about 500M in TV revenue from being promoted to the EPL

Ok, it was a lot off topic. You can’t beat hockey for pace and excitement , can you
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Ok, it was a lot off topic. You can’t beat hockey for pace and excitement , can you

Pretty much sums up why hockey is the only sport I watch on TV. Watching a game live is another matter. Might even get me into a basketball game if the quality of play is up.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

I’ve never enjoyed hockey live, even with expensive seats. It’s hard to get a good view and you don’t get good replays

Laughing

TV coverage is fantastic now. I confess I watch the referees and linesman as much as the players, admiring how they stay out of the way!
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Game 2 of final round getting ready to start. AC on and a ice cold beer, go Bolts!
ARR #3
www.autosportsnorthwest.org
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Can't watch tonight's game, but the rest are on NBC. Been good fun watching this all play out. I had predicted Colorado and Tampa for the finals quite awhile ago. I was half right.

No dog in this fight at all, but I like Tyler Johnson so that is one point for Tampa.

On the other hand, Le Habs have not been there in so long it's hard not to get behind them. I tend to root for the underdog.

I predict Tampa wins in 6.

Also, for anyone into hockey and all things around it, there is a guy on you tube that does the best reporting of anyone I have seen, even the professionals. I check out his news posting every day, and his previews and post-game analysis are second to none.

Link

Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

All 7 games should have been on NBC. 93 was the last cup win for the Canadians, long drought, 24 total cup wins is impressive though
ARR #3
1LoWezl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

That last bolt goal was as legit as they get!!! Hockey is always to the LAST second!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Have to go with the Habs on this one. Grew up at the end of the Richard era, and the Larry Robinson era. Inthe 1970s no one could touch the Habs.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Scales leaning heavy towards Tampa Bay now
ARR #3
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:
Scales leaning heavy towards Tampa Bay now

For what it's worth, maybe the cup will come to lake Couer D' Alene this summer? Johnson has a house on the lake, along with Brett Hull and Gretzky's brother.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Congrats to the Tampa Bay Lightning on the Stanley Cup win for 2021.

Was hoping for one more game in Montreal after that amazing game 4, but oh well.

maybe the cup comes to Spokane this fall/winter? I wanna see it.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Winning at home tonight with a full house helps make up for winning last year in an empty Bubble stadium! Guess its time to finally shave, probably be a good idea since its mid to high 90's through next week
ARR #3
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

We got a pic circa 2008 or 09 I think, with our 2 kids and the Memorial Cup and the Stanley Cup at our arena. Im sure we will see it in the arena this season with Tyler and his folks, will remember to get a picture of me touching it this time.
ARR #3
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

The Cup will be at our Arena this Thursday 😀😀😀😀
ARR #3
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Teeroy wrote:
The Cup will be at our Arena this Thursday 😀😀😀😀

When? Mid day, evening, ???!!!

Just looked it up. Viewing from 3 to 4:30, no photos allowed, first come first served. That means, if you have a job, you can't go see it.

Oh well, maybe next time. When I'm 75.
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

So we were misinformed about cup arrival the other day. Each person gets it for 16 hours max. We waited for a picture with it today, pretty cool!
ARR #3
Teeroy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Finally got our Stanley Cup picture today, even has cool VW content
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ARR #3
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: NHL Fans? Reply with quote

Nice! But when did you decide do go full sasquatch? I guess I haven't seen you in well over a year.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105  Next
Jump to:
Page 101 of 105

Jump to: