Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CAM for 88x94 low rpm motor
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: CAM for 88x94 low rpm motor Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
Whoa! That doesn't look like a fun to install piston!
I can't imagine installing rings after the piston is on the rod.
................. ................ the only thing i dont like about the C piston is if the C clip that holds the piston pin in place. if it would fail .it would do a lot of damage to the motor . in the 1970s be for i knew a better way of installing a piston on a rod . i would install the piston on the rod . then use a break away ring come pressor on the piston rings .then i would install the piston cylinder on the rod (dam i cant spell the right word ) i think you under stand what i mean lol thats how i would put that C piston on a rod spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: CAM for 88x94 low rpm motor Reply with quote

Teflon buttons
RickS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CAM for 88x94 low rpm motor Reply with quote

Dauz wrote:
Teflon buttons

On that piston a Teflon button would be pushing on the oil rings.
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CAM for 88x94 low rpm motor Reply with quote

RickS wrote:
Dauz wrote:
Teflon buttons

On that piston a Teflon button would be pushing on the oil rings.

Only if he has C pin height pistons

edit: nevermind, he does Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: