Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Manx club at Carlisle
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Manx club at Carlisle Reply with quote

Anyone here attend the show? I saw the video of part of the tribute parade for Bruce. I haven't been there for years since the kits were basically kicked out. Were any kits there at all?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Manx club at Carlisle Reply with quote

I went. Great time for the Manx People! There were several kit cars on the opposite side of the field from us. I will post pictures tomorrow ( if I can get them off my phone). Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Manx club at Carlisle Reply with quote

Thanks Tom. I'm still working on several kits, but ever since they were segregated to the far end of the field away from the buggies, many of the "regular" kit guys stopped coming. Too bad it's nothing more than a tuner show now.
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Manx club at Carlisle Reply with quote

Letterman 7 - here are some pictures from the event.

We had 6 buggies in the indoor Featured Display area. We had a Monoque, Manx 1, Towd, Manxter, KickOut SS and Dual Sport Baja Edition. They hung banners on the wall & ceiling.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We had over 40 buggies on Saturday.

Carlisle Events sent the girls that were doing the Passport stamping to our camping area Saturday Night for some fun pictures.

Winnie Meyers was there, so we had her sign the hood of Kathleen's Manxter under Bruce's signature.

It was a great tribute to Bruce Meyers and a good time was had by all.
Manx Club & CVA
GS guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Manx club at Carlisle Reply with quote

Nice buggy turnout - thanks for the pics Tom!

A shame when I look towards the background of the pics though, show car parking areas deserted! I remember when the fields back there were lined with various kit cars of all sorts - from Cobras to Speedsters and everything in between. Looks to be no longer the case, at least is has been the last few times I made it up there. While some of the import categories are interesting, the rows and rows of late model Volvos, BMWs and other "newer" production cars just doesn't hold the fascination of what you might have run across in the Kit area - back in the day. I don't even think Factory Five attends this show anymore - they used to have one of the largest vendor displays. Sad

Still - very nice to see the large turn out and tribute to Bruce and Winnie! Hopefully it's not the end of an era.
Jeff
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Manx club at Carlisle Reply with quote

Jeff - there were plenty of cars in the center area and quite a few swap meet vendors. No kit car vendors since they changed the name of the show from Import & Kit cars to Import & Performance. By adding Performance to the name, they were allowing some non import cars into the show. It was even short a day. Nothing on Sunday, except campers leaving and last minute car pickups. Tom
Manx Club & CVA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: