Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
petervalle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

Hello, A friend purchased a 74 Bay Window with no transmission and it is missing the front retaining bracket for the rubber mount. The only place I found it online is out of stock. Here is a link for the bracket. If someone has one for sale please let me know. Thank you in advance

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/us/211599243b-...c4QAvD_BwE
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

Are you talking about the heavy hunk of steel with the two mounting holes in it?
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

Contact Ken at the busco

[email protected]
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
petervalle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

Wildthings I never seen one, just in the picture of that website I shared. I have an early Bay but my friend has a late bay.
It holds the front of the transmission so I am guessing it is heavy duty. I will contact the person at busco. Thanks
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

#10 is the "heavy hunk of steel". It bolts to the torsion housing. There are two styles, and I forget why, but the one with the dimples can be used either way (flipped upside down if you need the "flat" surface against the posts of the mount).

petervalle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

Thanks for the diagram, that helps a lot. I just looked at the pictures from the transmission we have. I apologize for the confusion, but instead of #7 in the diagram, we are missing #10. That flat piece of metal with the two indentations. The chassis already has 2 half moons so it will bolt to it.
Jrh5r
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

Ken at Busco probably has one.
petervalle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: looking for 72-79 front transmission retaining bracket Reply with quote

thank you everyone, I appreciate the help. Hazetguy shipped me one.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: