Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Fuel Tanker Drivers, Chlorine, Micro-chips.
I'm sure there are more shortages to come Rolling Eyes

Chicken wings.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

green split peas...I got wings today..
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

Portland cement.

Yep, you can't get a concrete truck to your project now. Not sure why exactly, but a friend of mine who builds very nice custom homes at the local ski area told me this weekend there is no cement/concrete to be had right now, and several projects in the region are at a standstill.
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

Must be regional. I'm on several projects in S.Fla. and the trucks keep on rolling.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Must be regional. I'm on several projects in S.Fla. and the trucks keep on rolling.

As I understand it, most of our Portland comes from Canada, and there was a large failure at that processing plant. Don't have any other solid info.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Don't have any other solid info.

I see what you did there.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Don't have any other solid info.

I see what you did there.

Thanks. I'll be here all week, and don't forget to tip the wait staff. Wink
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

When you guys find out the whole story, please aggregate it for us .its too hard sorting through all this, I threw in the trowel
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

Now the I-40 bridge across the Mississippi in Memphis is closed to vehicle traffic on the bridge and barge traffic under the bridge. No eta for repairs.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

Kitchen help, Chefs, cooks, dishwashers, deli staff.
Workers in general are in short supply in almost all business's . Vermont & New Hampshire are now requiring you look for work to keep your unenjoyment benefits.
We are/were looking to build a retirement home in our back field, but the price of wood is CRAZY high, so we will wait... Confused

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

fence panels, decking etc in the uk, no shortage of potholes and road works though Evil or Very Mad

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Portland cement.

Yep, you can't get a concrete truck to your project now. Not sure why exactly, but a friend of mine who builds very nice custom homes at the local ski area told me this weekend there is no cement/concrete to be had right now, and several projects in the region are at a standstill.

Portland Cement here too.

If anywhere has it (and they don't) they're rationing it. Apparently everyone wants building work done.

I bought a 25kg bag in January to make some Agarocrete for my aquarium. Only used half of it and dumped the rest because it was getting in the way. Wishing I hadn't now. Confused

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

build a proper patch for that bridge, inspect the rest and repair as nessary and open the dam thing. then start a new bridge to replace it. there problem fixed in 30 days... or less. just dont have sanska do it.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

in the UK - cadbury flakes to go in a 99

Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:

I noticed this too.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

I noticed this too.

I heard the bells ringing
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
build a proper patch for that bridge, inspect the rest and repair as nessary and open the dam thing. then start a new bridge to replace it. there problem fixed in 30 days... or less. just dont have sanska do it.

I think you're missing a "k" in the contractor name Mark.

I interface with them everyday. The quality of the work produced is dependent on the location and division.
They are a general contractor. And hire out to design firms as well as contractors for services rendered.
My experience with them has been mostly positive.

As for the current status of the bridge. They are working on a plan to reinforce the damaged bridge beam.
Bridge inspection in the US is of the highest level.
Current situation excepted. Shocked
That inspector has been fired for missing the fracture during the 2019 structural inspection.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
We are/were looking to build a retirement home in our back field, but the price of wood is CRAZY high, so we will wait... Confused

can I put my name down for a place in your retirement home...? Laughing

Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

finster wrote:
crukab wrote:

can I put my name down for a place in your retirement home...? Laughing

Take a number and go to the back of the line...
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: So apparently there is a nationwide shortage of Reply with quote

crukab wrote:
Kitchen help, Chefs, cooks, dishwashers, deli staff.
Workers in general are in short supply in almost all business's . Vermont & New Hampshire are now requiring you look for work to keep your unenjoyment benefits.

which is bullshit because all these people who "can't find work" play this game where they go apply for a job, get an interview then get the job offered to them. IF they show up it's usually for a day then they leave and start the game all over again.

my wife is pretty high up the chain at the FDA. these are jobs STARTING at 70k/year and people are pulling this shit with her.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: