Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Richard Langenwalter - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Rich Langenwalter
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 14, 2024
EspenX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Richard Langenwalter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a Sapphire IX radio from Richard Langenwalter for my 1970 Karmann Ghia. I am such a happy customer, I don't know where to start Smile

Reasonable price, shipment went with no problem, the radio was packaged very well (USPS to Norway, Northern Europe).

The radio looks even better than on the pictures in the add, it actually looks NOS, it's perfectly refurbished with new wires etc. Richard followed up after the sale, emailed me when he sent it, made sure I got it etc I just installed the radio today and I am on a high now, it looks so damn good!

I had been looking for a Sapphire radio on The samba for some time, and I've generally seen a lot of radios in worse state and costing more.

And if you are not an radio expert, knowing the radio is in working order, none of that "I haven't had a chance to test it", is so reassuring.

I probably sound like I've been paid to post this Smile I am not, I am just so satisfied with my new Sapphire Very Happy I warmly recommend Richard Langenwalter if you are looking for a Sapphire radio, he is one of those VW guys that does it for the love of old VW radios.
boosdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Another Happy Sapphire IX Customer Reply with quote

Had to leave feedback for Richard Langenwalter.

Very , very happy with the Sapphire IX Radio that I received today. You would not believe how good this radio looks.

The radio looks brand new!!!!! I missed the Sapphire IX that went to the Gentleman in Norway and asked Richard if he would keep his eyes out for one for my 1969 Convertible. About 1 week ago I got an email saying he had found some parts for one and asked me if I would like to buy it.
Excellent price for an excellent product.

I cannot wait to see what it looks like installed in my Vert.

I hate to steal from the gentleman from Norway but, this radio really does look NOS!!!!!!

Shipping time and packaging were also above and beyond.

Would highly recommend Richard and his radios to anyone.

Thanks Richard. Appreciate the honesty and customer service. Something hard to come by nowadays!!!!!!

Cheers....Mark Thorn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6Kabrio7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up my Sapphire V from the post office today it looks like new. Thank you again Richard Very Happy
savannah_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Richard Langenwalter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I could easily recommend Rich on a purchase! Just picked up a very nicely restored Sapphire IX from him and for a reasonable price too! Shipping was very fast and packaged very well. Thanks Rich!
DanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another satisfied customer here. Thanks again, Rich!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PSScoots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently had the Sapphire III that came with my 66 overhauled, cleaned, and converted to 12v. The mechanical, electrical, and cosmetic work far exceeded my expectations.

Work was done for a fair price, with reasonable turnaround time and email updates during the course of the work.

Rich also carefully replaced a few missing "parts" such as the trimmer cover tape and the inspector's check list, taken from another 66 Bendix.

I would certainly recommend his work for anybody thinking about restoration on an early Sapphire radio.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lovethatconvertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Feedback for Rich Langenwalter [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a horn delete plate from Rich, the part actually looks better in person than in the add, very happy, Shipped fast, a breeze to deal with.
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: VW Blaupunkt Radio AM/FM Reply with quote

Looks great and sounds great. No missing parts. Looks better than the pictures. We are very pleased. You don't know how much you miss a radio than when you don't have one. Went in just like the original. Very fast shipping.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
atomicmime
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Langenwalter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just had a great experience with Rich repairing my barely working Sapphire XVI AM/FM stereo radio. He replaced several capacitors, lubed the tuning dial mechanism, and did whatever else was needed to get everything playing properly. Excellent communication and reasonable price for the work! I’m one satisfied customer, thanks Rich!

'72 Westy
'79 Super Beetle (now electric!)
'13 Beetle
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Langenwalter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am absolutely blown away by my restored radio. I was super picky, asked a lot of questions - to ensure I would be understanding if and happy with the results. I weighed a few options and then sent my radio off to Richard for repair and upgrades.
The radio was with him for maybe 2 days but he shot me back an assessment of the radio, some small servicing and repairs it needed to work right, and before I knew it I had photos of a finished and upgraded Sapphire I. I opted to leave the radio as 6V, but he did add in FM and an Aux Input.
The radio returned today, ridiculously well packaged and ready to install.
I already had a 4ohm speaker in my dash from RetroSound (I have a brand new RetroSound Radio assembled in the garage that was intended for the car) I hooked it all up and it sounds great! The FM is super clear and crisp and the Aux In is so cool. I’ll add a input jack in the ashtray so it will hide away nicely when I don’t need it.
Highly recommend Richard for your radio rehab and restoration. So much happier with this than with all the wires and clutter of a RetroSound.

Before

After

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Langenwalter - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a Sapphire V/III from Rich. Very helpful and knowledgeable about VW Radio's. Extremely fast shipping. Thank you Rich so much.
rollingthunder1954
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Richard Langenwalter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I have a 67 Bug and the "original" radio is a Matsushita am/fm. Not very common anymore, I guess. I killed it when I thought I could replace it's lightbulb. I had a master electrician take a look who said it was a no go. A V-Dub friend, Jay Salazar, recommended I check with Rich and I'm glad I did. He was familiar with the manufacturer and it's now working again with a working light! Rich is very knowledgable and has my vote for anyone who needs their radio repaired. He might have one he's refurbished too. Thanks again, Richard!
flyboy161
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Richard Langenwalter - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a Sapphire II radio. Rich spent a lot of time on the phone with me and even connected it to power and antenna to let me hear it pre-purchase. He sent it that same day, Saturday afternoon, and it arrived very well packaged on Tuesday. Very clean radio that functions perfectly and all wire connections clearly marked! Rich is very knowledgeable about VW radios. Highly recommend his services.

The 1964...Diamond in the rough
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=612776

My 1958 Morocco Bug-
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=611483
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: