Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How much propane
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: How much propane Reply with quote

Every thing I have read says that my 2002 EVC has a 5.9 gallon tank. If completely empty and assuming 80% fill capacity, that should mean I can get 4.7 gallon in.

I had run my tank dry, I mean completely dead. Couldn't even get a flame on the stove. Went to fill yesterday, and it stops at 2.5 gallons. Guy tried to cram some more in, mostly just venting out propane, with the meter stopping on 2.7.

Is this right. I have always filled up when the gauge shows low and get under 2 gallons. Always figured the gauge was just off and there was a bunch more fuel. Doesn't look that way now. Could the 2001-2003 have a smaller tank?

Could this be an indication of a problem with my propane system?
VolksVelo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

Just filled mine up few days ago and it's exactly 2.5 gal
with a near empty tank (1/8 full)

EVC 2002
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

VolksVelo wrote:
Just filled mine up few days ago and it's exactly 2.5 gal
with a near empty tank (1/8 full)

EVC 2002

Good to hear that someone else has the same results. Thank you.

Wanting to hear from more owners.
orbeamike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

I ran my propane tank empty just over 2 months ago to the point my Norcold can't hold a pilot light. I had it filled at local U Haul and I remembered the fill is right around 4 gallons, may be a tad under. 2.5 gallons definitely sounds low.
steve2sloth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

The last time that I filled my 2002 EVC's propane, I could only get 3 gallons into it but I don't think that I was totally empty. For what it's worth, GoWesty's replacement propane tanks are 5.9gal for 1995-2001 EVC and 4.6gal for the 2002-2003 EVC.

Last edited by steve2sloth on Mon May 17, 2021 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

orbeamike wrote:
I ran my propane tank empty just over 2 months ago to the point my Norcold can't hold a pilot light. I had it filled at local U Haul and I remembered the fill is right around 4 gallons, may be a tad under. 2.5 gallons definitely sounds low.

What year?

I think I recall you having a 2001.
orbeamike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

MrPulldown wrote:
orbeamike wrote:

What year?

I think I recall you having a 2001.

Yes, I have a 2001 EVC
Broseph Stalin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

My '03 took 3.5g's many times. It's a 20lb tank so impossible to get more than 4.5g into it even dead empty. Be happy you have a propane system that works. Winnebago did a good job IMO. Crawl under and replace cracked hoses, protect them with wireloom, spray Aerospace 303 on anything rubber.
'03 EVC Winnie, 2018, Sold
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How much propane Reply with quote

Broseph Stalin wrote:
My '03 took 3.5g's many times. It's a 20lb tank so impossible to get more than 4.5g into it even dead empty. Be happy you have a propane system that works. Winnebago did a good job IMO. Crawl under and replace cracked hoses, protect them with wireloom, spray Aerospace 303 on anything rubber.

Any tips on hose to replace the hoses. My main HP line coming off the tank was leaking when on a trip, right at the crimp connection. I bought some 2 part epoxy and slathered it with it. Sealed up really well, but I bought a new hose to replace. Got under there and couldn't figure out how to access the upper connection. Figure, like you said, that I should also replace the 2ndary low pressure hose. I can't even find it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: