Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

Has anyone here used the RM UNO single stage? I'd love to go full Glasurit, but it's a little steep for my budget. Any other recommendations on a good middle of the road paint? I'm just as concerned replicating the factory Cliff Green as I am with quality/durability. I was considering Nason but I hear there can be quality and color match issues. And I don't want BC/CC. I don't like the look on older cars. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

Color matching is dependent upon the skill level of the place you buy the paint. Ask around see where all the paint and body guys go. English paint wholesale is a national chain that carries different price categories, brands depending on your preferences. PPG is good but they also carry a line called Omni and I’ve color matched Dove blue with excellent results.
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

Thanks. I have found a couple places local that mix RM UNO and Glasurit. I had a sample of Nason mixed twice but the color was way off both times. Fortunately I have original panels to use as samples to check the match
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

Also did a car in L451 Ruby Red using Omni, not hard to match when you go by the numbers and small correction still possible with experience. Good luck
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

Just to follow up on this old thread...I ended up sending a sample of the original color to Tammy at Tamco paint. It was a piece of the front quarter that was replace. They matched it perfectly in single stage. Saved a TON of money over Glasurit or even RM
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

unitedracing wrote:
Just to follow up on this old thread...I ended up sending a sample of the original color to Tammy at Tamco paint. It was a piece of the front quarter that was replace. They matched it perfectly in single stage. Saved a TON of money over Glasurit or even RM
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Beautiful color, Ravenna Green?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

Thanks! its a 1975 in Cliff, or Rallye Green L61A. I don't think it was a popular color. Ravenna Green is lighter...would love a Ghia in Ravenna!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

unitedracing wrote:
Thanks! its a 1975 in Cliff, or Rallye Green L61A. I don't think it was a popular color. Ravenna Green is lighter...would love a Ghia in Ravenna!

That’s my favorite 72-74 Ghia color.
I’ve never seen a bug in that color. Super nice.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
BoogPBR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Decent single stage paint/ability to match og color Reply with quote

BASF UNO is hands down the best SS on the market and has been for quite some time. Can not go wrong with it if you have a local distributor that can mix it for you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: