Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who is Ezgz on YouTube?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

jeffrey8164 wrote:

I especially liked his case decking with a handheld grinder.

Shocked please tell me i didnt just shit myself...
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
busey wrote:
I cross reference the info EZGZ puts out with another Youtuber called VW Darrin and a couple other youtubers.

VW Darrin may be knowledgeable about VW's, but I wouldn't trust him around your grandfather.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180824/lewd-sex-acts-in-volusia-parks-sting-nets-8-arrests

again, please tell me im not shitting myself. this may be worse than the guy in the bay window forums who robbed a gas station and shoved ice cream down his undies.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

I have watched a number of his videos. Yes he does like the sound of his own voice but that is pretty minor. I don't agree with some of the things he says but as pointed out here already, opinions and methods differ even with the "experts". We see that pretty much daily right here!

His video on the Hoover mods is totally useless as all he talked about was the changes to the case. It was obvious that he has never read Bob Hoover's blog himself and does not understand what the purpose of the mods are or the extent of those mods past the case. That would be like me telling you that cams, big valves and heavier springs are of no value in an air cooled engine and proceeding to link them with single port heads and single Solex carbs.

So the stuff he knows, he does know but like all of us he doesn't necessarily know what he doesn't know.

I do wonder though if his mind is slipping a bit. The last video of his I watched he covered the same material twice because as he said, "I don't remember if I covered this already." and went over it again. Then he must have missed it again in the edit stage... I grieve often about the information lost to us by the old timers that used to be among us and regret the questions I never asked so go for it EzeGze, I will listen!

Oh and the window he gave us into his character with a few religious comments is far easier to take than the window we got into VWDarrin's mind!

Just sayin'...
stevebaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

I follow Ezgz as an entry to all things VW where would the hobby be with out him? no one else has stepped up to take the self anointed crown. While you have to take advise very carefully as you do with all free advice given. i find him an asset to the community. Some people have more experience and can criticize but they don't put their face out there and truly help beginners like he does.
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Have you seen the guy who smokes a joint at the beginning video and then goes to work? He's on Youtube.

How about Roadkill Garage? They had a dune buggy at one point. They are V-8 guys for the most part. I still enjoy their program.

dgsaz
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

A simple thing such as the fact that they put sealant on the 3/4 case half suggests that they havent really thought through what they´re doing. That alone makes me cringe.
Their take on camshafts are based on totally misleading assumptions and for a good part based on who sells the cheapest unit.
I also wonder why they need to take their engines apart so often.
And yes, they definitely did not understand the function of the Hoover mods.

That said, it is easy to sit behind a keyboard and critize. (Note to self)
I don´t follow their Vlogs, but every now and then I get sent links from other people who ask "is this right?" So I look at that link and give them my shot at it. And, opinions do vary.
mikedjames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

I have enjoyed both Vwdarrin and the Ezgz, ( they really dont agree with each other )

1974 VW T2 : Devon Eurovette camper with 1641 DP T1 engine, Progressive carb, full flow oil cooler, EDIS crank timed ignition.
Engine 1: 40k miles (rocker shaft clip fell off), Engine 2: 30k miles (rebuild, dropped valve). Engine 3: a JK Preservation Parts "new" engine, aluminium case: 26k miles: new top end.
Gearbox rebuild 2021 by Bears.

1979 Westerly GK24 24 foot racer/cruiser yacht Forethought of Gosport.
1973 wooden Pacer sailing dinghy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GARRICK.CLARK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Vw jawbreaker is good watch, not the most techy guy but watchable
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

I’ve known and worked with fellows like this for years. The fact they will share what they know is a benefit, if you can do better get busy we’d like to see your videos soon😀Rare is the time I can’t learn something new watching someone else and it may be unrelated to the topic at hand. Life lessons.
AirHead1966
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Rare is the time I can’t learn something new watching someone else and it may be unrelated to the topic at hand. Life lessons.

Nicely said! It is refreshing to hear when people admit that they are constantly learning. We all should do that, and do that more often. Only dead people don't learn anything new.

But, in this day and age, when everyone "knows everything" and there are echo chambers where people can bloviate and affirm each other's cranially constricted biases and beliefs, people don't focus on learning - they only focus on proving that their extremities reach farther than everyone else's. Sad.
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

dgsaz wrote:
Have you seen the guy who smokes a joint at the beginning video and then goes to work? He's on Youtube.

How about Roadkill Garage? They had a dune buggy at one point. They are V-8 guys for the most part. I still enjoy their program.

dgsaz

The joint guy is, VW Holidaze. I can't believe he does that on camera, and while working on his vw engine. d'oh!

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

APPLEGREENVW wrote:
dgsaz wrote:

dgsaz

The joint guy is, VW Holidaze. I can't believe he does that on camera, and while working on his vw engine. d'oh!

No different than drinking a beer on camera. How many states is it legal now?
I know Washington and Colorado are.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Ezgz on YouTube? Reply with quote

type 3 tins are fine if you know how to do it right. but Ive seen him do stuff and say stuff that wasent quite right...well not for me. you have to remember there are oh somany different wrights and rongs. take it or left tit.it's up to you. if your clueless than he may put you in the direction you think you want to go...but...rember...everybody sees and hears somethen else.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: