Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Square body pickup
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Anyone got a lead on a '70s to '80s chevy k20, dodge w 250, ford 250 4wd?
typ914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Any where in the southeast US. Especially Texas.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Oregon
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

There are several Dodge trucks on FB Marketplace.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bought this ^^^ '88 Dodge Ram of CL for $700 about 10 years ago, only 2wd, but the 318 tows my car trailer just fine.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Dammit, I found a really nice manual trans ‘76 Dodge short bed with a slant 6 a couple months back in VA a couple months back for $1800, but I couldn’t tell you where I was now Confused

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

that would be sweet if it was not rusted to shit, add a turbo and 8 speed trans and have a blast.
rcroane Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Plenty on FB Marketplace where I live (Virginia).
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Guess i will have to join FB, hate to do it but craigslist sucks now.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Guess i will have to join FB, hate to do it but craigslist sucks now.

I have had way better luck with CL than FB. Might be a regional thing. Plus, FB comes with a whole nuther pile of baggage.

Give us more details of what you want. I looked at a mid 80 K20 Chevy yesterday. Did not speak with the owner yet. But it is a decent, solid work truck with a few dings and small rust areas. $3400 OBO, and probably not advertised online. I can give you more info if you are interested. I do not know the owner other than he lives next door to my mother-in-law's house here in north Idaho.

I considered buying it, but have no real use for it other than flipper fodder right now.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

my dads got a 87 i think chevy c10 long bed hes wanting to sell. it runs, but needs work. hes got a 4bbl, intake manifold, exhaust and headers, new aluminum radiator, electronic ignition distributor, etc for it too. its got a few minor dents, one bondo spot on the passanger tailight area, and one rust hole on the drivers cab corner. its in its og white color, the interior paint is shiny and new, the original bench seat is all OG in a nice red clotch and has 0 tears or stains. it was last on the road in 1990 something. located in Ga.

obviously its 2wd so you probably arent interested.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys. Idaho is along ways from vt.
Found a great looking 71 k20 here but out of my price range.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. Idaho is along ways from vt.
Found a great looking 71 k20 here but out of my price range.

Didn't know your location. Could be a fun road trip, but probably not in an old 3/4 ton truck.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

I thought you were always supposed to square your body before a heavy pickup Shocked Confused Wink Rolling Eyes then get run over by the old lady that cant see over the wheel....I want a truck again....
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Truck prices are frigging crazy right now. I was going to put a link up for the lot my kid works at. They specialize in low milage used trucks. Sold them all. Only one truck listed. 92 dodge, 12 valve, 4x4 with 22k miles sold in 4 hours for 45k. It has gotten to where a redneck can't afford a truck.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Tell me about it , my old 2001 gmc 2500 hd with 140k , runs like a champ, but wont pass inspection due to rust issues. Any used truck on dealer lots are 35k and up. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

Did i mention i hate road salt/ brine shit.

Was gonna sneak down to the state garage and drill holes in the tanks!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Square body pickup Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:

Was gonna sneak down to the state garage and drill holes in the tanks!

I was at the local large truck/equipment repair shop yesterday getting new seals for a hydraulic cylinder on my tractor. The guy next to me at the counter runs a large local excavating and hauling business. He was lamenting all the failures on his trucks and such due to "non-corrosive" ice melt products the state and county started using 6-7 years ago. Most of the trailer brake systems get cut off and thrown in the trash and replaced completely. His repair and maintenance costs have skyrocketed.

Having grown up in the Minnesota salt belt, I thought I got away from that shit when I moved West over 25 years ago. Nope.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: